Nutshell || Bakugou x Reader Angst

Song: nutshell by Alice In Chains

This fic does contain some pretty heavy mental health issues so if that's at all triggering I wouldn't read.

Readers quirk is called Kinetic - you can triple the force of your strength depending on how hard you hit or kick.

Bakugou flipped absentmindedly through the growing stack of papers on his desk. Countless reports that needed to be filled out for every rescue or villain that had to be arrested.

In all honesty he never thought paper work was part of the hero job, but here he was writing down what happened on those events and then signing his signature on each sheet.

*knock knock*

"It's open," he grumbled as he sighed and ruffled his ash blonde locks.

Kirishima cracks open his office door before sliding in and shutting it behind him.

Bakugou noticed he was in a sweatshirt and gym shorts and not his hero uniform so he figured his patrol shift was over.

"Have any issues today?," he asked his fellow hero. Bakugou knew he wanted to ask Kirishima to join his agency the second he opened it. He would never admit but it was nice having a friend like him here.

"Yeah about that... it was certainly rough," he said sighing out in a defeated tone.

"What is it? Why are you acting weird?"

"It's y/n," he breathed out causing Bakugou to fly out his chair and towards him.

You were a few years younger than Bakugou and grew to popularity because of your admirable skills and how positive you were. When Bakugou hired you to his agency, he never expected to catch feelings as hard as he had, but now after being in a public relationship with you for a few months, he couldn't imagine his life without you.

"What is it?! Is she hurt?!," he asked. Kirishima could see the instant fear take over his features.

"Yes! Yes she's fine... physically."

"Hell do you mean physically?"

"Uhm... there was an attack by a small group of villains causing part of a building to fall. Y/n saw it happening before any of us and tried getting over there to save a woman but didn't make it in time. Y/n tried pulling the rubble off of her but it was already too late. She was losing to much blood and y/n couldn't stop it. She... died right in her arms."

Bakugou sighed through his nose and pinched his nose bridge. "Where is she?"

"She's in the training room, I went down there to look for her and she was kinda... losing it."

"Alright let's go," Bakugou said pushing past him.

When they arrived to the basement where the training room was, he saw pieces of your discarded hero suit thrown in the hallway. Most deprived of the usual light blue and stained crimson.

When the pair reached the glass, you were pacing back and forth and scratching your arms practically raw and only in your leggings and sports bra.

Bakugou was pained seeing you hadn't even bother to wash the blood off your hands since they were still covered, dried red.

He pressed the button to open the glass door and walked in as it slid open. Once inside he saw pieces of workout equipment flipped over and a hole leaking sand on to the concrete from a broken off punching bag.

"Y/n?," he gently spoke to not alarm you.

You didn't even notice him. Just continued muttering under your breath as you paced back and forth, hyperventilating.

"Y/n," he says a little louder this time.

Your head snaps up as you tremble.

"I.. I couldn't save her."

"I know baby," Bakugou says pained at how broken you sound.

"What k-kind of hero am I, to have her just die in my arms?!"

"You did everything you could."

"But I didn't!," you scream as your vocal chords scratch. "If I saw it sooner, if I was faster, If I got there earlier!"

You were holding yourself as the weight of it all was really starting to hit.

"I'm so fucking useless Katsuki!"

"No you're not, you know you're not."

He watched as your shoulders started heaving harder with each breath you took before you fell on your knees and screamed.

Bakugou ran to you and wrapped his arms around your shaking body as you sobbed. Your hands started hitting the concrete causing your kinetic energy to ripple through it. Cracks emerged with every swing of your fist.

Kirishima attempted to run over and help restrain you, but Bakugou put his hand up at him.

You were practically punching the concrete as your knuckles bled and splattered.

Bakugou tried so hard to calm you down by brushing your hair with his hands and whispering 'that it'll be ok' in your ears, but nothing was helping.

It was only when your ears heard him say, "I've lost someone too," did you stop.

"You have?," your voice whispers.

"Mhm. I did everything I could but I couldn't save them. That doesn't make you a bad hero."

"She... she was so cold. I-I-I saw the life drain from her."

"I know baby, I know."

Then did you let yourself really cry. Not angry sobbing but cry with grieve.

And he held you the entire time as he rocked you back and forth. Shushing your sobs as your tears soaked his tshirt.