Prologue

t/w: kidnapping, violence

word count: 475

Thanks for reading!!

Grian grinned, shifting from foot to foot, his sweaty palms slipping on his sword's handle. Once the dragon perched, he swung his word and killed the Ender dragon, xp orbs raining down as the dragon spontaneously combusted. Grian soaked up the xp, feeling himself grow stronger.

"That's it then," Grian said to himself, letting out a breath. The portal opened with a menacing noise. 

Concern rippled through Grian's stomach. He hadn't imagined that this would have happened. He wasn't prepared for it either. When him and the rest of the Evo server had jumped through the end portal, they expected to be on the other side, all together. He hadn't expected to be all alone. 

He shook away the thoughts and worries and cautiously jumped into the portal. At least he would be back home. He knew the evolutionists would do the same, as nobody wanted to bridge across the void without a buddy or six. Besides, Grian was growing more and more vulnerable to the Watchers the longer he stayed in the End.

Grian could feel the vertigo of teleportation. He waited for the feeling of landing in a warm bed--

--Gotcha.

Strange black silk pressed against Grian's sleeves. Fear pounded through Grian's body as gloved fingers tied his wrists together. Grian cried out as the rope suddenly tightened and fell to his knees. 

"I have him," a slithery voice said, but Grian didn't hear anything. Grian looked up to see a Watcher standing over him. The Watcher had black hair and pale skin, his eyes and nose covered by a black mask with the Watcher symbol in purple on it. Huge, shimmering, lavender wings sprouted from his back and the only skin not covered by either tight black clothes or a long black cloak was his mouth and a small portion of his forehead.

"They've known too much for too long," the Watcher in front of Grian said. Grian didn't know how he could understand them. "It was time for them to know the dangers. This one will suffice. He is in charge."

"Shall we announce it? I've stopped the server's time for now. We will talk with them while they go through the portal," the Watcher holding Grian said.

"Yes," the Watcher in front of him replied. "Resume time."

The Watcher Grian couldn't see paused. "If they comply and are quiet... Will we return Grian and fulfill the promise?"

The Watcher in front of Grian's mouth curved upward in a wicked grin. He stalked forward and turned Grian's chin upward to look into his tear-filled eyes from both the pain of the ropes and the dawning realization of what was happening.

"No," the Watcher said. "Let them know what happens when they try to defy us." He pushed Grian away, and Grian fell onto his back and tightly bound wrists, trembling as he realized what was happening.

"No mercy."

hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter of this! thx so much for reading! 

I am taking constructive criticism ---->