• 4: Visitor •

VISITOR

Huemi POV

Pain. Everywhere I can feel their words stung my heart.

"Why are you so useless Huemi!? Are you boasting because you are earning money now because of your part time job and graduating college!?"

I didn't utter a word. I am scared if I say something wrong again he will yell and slap me again. Mom is not home and he heard that today is my pay day in my part time work and right now he is persuading me to give him some money. But I can't do that I just gave him 500 dollars last week. And I am planning to pay my school debts with this pay check I received.

The door open and I flinch because of it.
It revealed mom.

"What's happening here Arthur!?"

She asked, removing her boots and coat. I returned my gaze back at him. If looks can kill I might be good as dead now.

"This bitch is disrespecting me just because she is all grown up now!" He utter with a vicious tone in his voice.

I am not like that. I don't even talk back to him or them. I am not disrespectful in fact  he is.

I can't help but sob and burried my face between my knees. I heard footsteps approach me. I slowly lift my head up and look at the person. It was her.

She then grab my chin and caressed my cheeks that is wet with my tears. I thought she will hug me and comfort me.

But I was so wrong I was greeted by a hard slap on my right cheek when I attempt to hug her in aim for comfort.

What did I do? I-is it wrong?

I caressed my right cheek tears falling down my eyes.

"You, how dare you after what we have done to you and take care of you, that's how you gonna repay us!?"

"B-but- mom-"

"Don't call me mom. It disgusts me, you should have died with them"

I was left there all alone. Once again they leave me crying and being a mess in my room.

When it comes to them I am weak, I can't be mad and fight them back, there is a part of me that loves and thanks them for all the times we spent together even if it's all in the past, they made me feel loved, even if it's just in a short amount of time.

But I can't do this anymore. I am hurting so bad. I feel like my heart is gonna crash and bleed any seconds and I am gonna die hurting.

I sob so hard and cry my all out. I didn't notice the time. It was almost morning. I have 3 hours before the school starts. I can sleep. But I can't...

I reached for the white envelope containing my pay check. My heart dropped for a moment when I felt that the envelope wasn't there anymore.

No-..no...I stand up on my knees and search my room. But it was gone.

Once again I broke down on my knees. It's all gone. I can't believe they take it all again. How am I gonna pay my school debts.

Can I even graduate??

I only have two weeks to repay it. I beg the Dean to give me time to pay and I promise I will. But how can I do it now?

I curled myself and cover myself with my blanket. I slept on the floor instead of my bed. I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

I feel tired.

And hurt.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Huemi!! Are you there!? Open the door!?"

I woke up from the sound of a heavy knock on my door. Who was it?

I grab my phone and look at the time. I slept for about two hours. And the sun hadn't risen yet.

I look at myself in the mirror. I wasn't surprised when I saw I have red puffy eyes and swollen one. I took a shower and did my routine. I put a light make up to cover up my puffy eyes. And put my hair into a messy bun. I dressed in my school uniform. When I am all done I grab my bag and head down the stairs.

I saw Misha waiting at the living room in the couch. I assume they are not home and already left me to attend some event.

"I knock on your door multiple times but- What happen to your eyes Huemi!?"

She grab my face and inspect my features and my body for any bruise.

I felt- care, I am so happy that there is still one person who cared for me and worried because of me.

"I am fine Misha I just watched a bunch of  sad drama and movie and end up crying all night yesterday" I lied... Once again. I beam a smile at her. She frown at me.

" I told you not to watch sad dramas and all! You're a cry baby! You're too weak and soft for that genre".

"I can't help it"

"Whatever, now that you're here let's go and head to the class but before that let me treat you for breakfast I know you haven't eat anything and I checked your fridge they are empty does your foster parents don't stock foods or what!?"

"I- I believe they forgot to do some grocery that's why"

"Oh... Whatever I'll take you out so there's no problem let's go! I am hungry!"

She wrap her arms around mine and start dragging me out of the house. We hop in her car and drove to the nearest fast food.

We picked and ate pancakes and order some spaghetti and fries.

When we're all done we head to the campus.

"Wait for me here and we will go together to the class, I just need to give this to the student council"

Oh. I almost forgot Misha is a vice president of the student council. She has duties and all. I nod and wait for her in the locker room.

Should I tell her about the offer I got? Will she be mad if I accepted it?

I look at the sky as I wait for her to comeback, it's so pretty.

I waited for a few minutes and then I heard footsteps.

"You are here, finally, what took you so long I guess he is with-

Oh, it's not her. It's him.

"Mr. K-Kim?"

"Good to see you I guess you forgot about the meet up today so I decided to come to you to talk"

Wow, he came all the way to "talk" about it?

Just how important and what is this offer all about?

•••