Part 7

I scream with joy as I plummet straight into the semi-warm ocean water

I scream with joy as I plummet straight into the semi-warm ocean water. For a moment, my eyes are shut tightly as I rise to the surface, laughing. Grey rises up a minute later, his pale hair looking almost brown from the water. Grey laughs as well, wiping his eyes. "Have to admit, that was awesome!"

"I told you!" I giggled, pulling myself towards the surface. I settle on the sand and Grey settles next to me, a wide smile plastered to his mouth.

"That was also terrifying," He said, laying back in the sand.

"You get used to it after the first few times," I shrugged, running my fingers through the sand. The seashells were all an egg shell pink. I never really noticed that until now. I also noticed that Grey's eyes weren't, well, grey. They were a really light blue... the color was so pretty and—

"Echo," Grey whispered softly. He gently put a strand of my brown hair behind my ear, and leaned in. My heart pounded and I realized the desire I had for him to kiss me, but Grey took his sweet little time, just staring at me.

Then finally, his warm lips connected with mine, and I regretfully let out a soft whimper. Heat rushed to my cheeks, but if he heard it he didn't say anything. Grey slid his hand up the small of my back and pressed into me.

The warmth of him blends through my shirt, making me want—no—need more. But he broke away, his thick eyelashes now tangled. I brushed his beachy pale bangs out of his eyes, and he grinned like I'd just done him a huge favor.

Again, he just stared at me. It made my squirm, and I was sure he could see the blush on my face now, but I still tried to hide it. "You move fast," I tried joking, but it failed, because the heat from our contact felt like an open flame on my face.

"Not usually," Grey replied, that dopey smile still plastered to his lips. "Now how about we jump again?"

I laughed, "Not so scared anymore, huh?"

"Nope," Grey replied, and he got up and walked away.

...

The orangish pink sunset lit up the beach, making different colors dance among the sand. The waves tickled my feet as Grey and I walked side-by-side down the length of the beach, hand-in-hand. "I have to say," Grey said slowly, watching as another wave washed over our feet, making me shiver. "This day has been pretty great."

"I'd have to agree," I said, laughing lightly. "I've done a lot of crazy things, but stealing ice cream from an ice-cream truck? Never!"

Grey laughed and brushed his hair from his eyes. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. "We should get going. It's starting to get chilly," He said, leaning down close to my ear.

"Yeah..." I said reluctantly. The last thing I wanted was for this magical day to end. Grey and I traveled back up the rock we jumped from and gathered our semi-dry clothes. As I threw my soaked shorts into the bag, I could hear my phone blare. "One minute," I said to Grey, turning from him and adventuring towards a cliff on the other side of this mountain.