Part 14

"Diana?" I said on the phone, the cold wind whipping my hair behind me

"Eric needs you to come in. Now," Diana said, and I could hear that smug smile on her face.

I look around to make sure no one is watching. No one would need to, but I still have a feeling that crawls down my back there is someone watching. "Why? Today is my free day," I frown. Diana doesn't answer for a while, just keeps quiet. For so long I almost think she dropped the call. Seems like something she'd do.

"Just—hurry up. We'll explain it later," Diana says, the smirk still in her voice. "You don't want to make Eric mad."

I look around, again, then stomp my foot so hard it hurts. "Fuck you, Diana."

...

I had to tell Grey that I needed to go, again. I feel like he may be getting suspicious, and that isn't good. It really isn't good I even hangout with him, lest he become Eric's new target. I sigh, and jab my finger into an elevator button, which brings us to HQ.

"There she is!" I hear Eric's voice and the mock happiness that follows. A lot of things he did were to mock me these days."Took you long enough," he sing-songs. Then I see him grab a knife and throw it at my head. Immediately, I duck, and the knife connects with the wall behind me. I shiver.

"What was that for?" I demand.

Eric ignores my questions completely. "You a traitor, Liz?"

I scoff. "Of course not!" I almost shouted, then remembered myself. "Of course not. You know where my loyalties are, Eric." I say softer this time. I hate it when Eric does that to me.

"Really? Because from what I've seen so far, all signs point to you being The Squealer." Eric accuses.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know... The fact that you've been acting super nervous lately. You think I wouldn't notice? We've killed two guys from you lying, Liz. That must have made you feel so terrible, right?"

I just stare at him, blankly. I don't know what to say. "Are you accusing me of being The Squealer?" I ask slowly, Eric just shrugs though. Then he walks to the wall behind me, where the knife is still dangling from. I gulp hard and try to avoid Diana's annoying gaze.

"Possibly. Are you admitting to it?" Eric raises an eyebrow. "If so, we can make this very quick." Eric says, equally as slow. I open and close my fist. Think, think, think.

The only chance I have is to say no. Because it's true. "No," I start, sucking in a breath. "No, I am not admitting to that, because it's not true." Eric looks surprised I even bothered to speak. "And you don't have any proof of that. I'm loyal to this gang, Eric. I have been from the day you took me in. Nothing is going to change that, so kill me if you really want, but just know you're losing a very important member of this gang." I meet his gaze, he looks like he believes me, his eyes even soften a bit—as much as Eric can soft, that is. Like that's all he ever wanted me to say, and he drops the knife.

 Like that's all he ever wanted me to say, and he drops the knife

OH MAN, SHIT IS GOING DOWNNNN!

Get ready for the next chapter, because it's CRAZY!