Part 11

A waitress with blonde hair and blue eyes walked to our table

A waitress with blonde hair and blue eyes walked to our table. She immediately made goo-goo eyes at Grey and I couldn't help but scowl. Couldn't she see we were on a date? Or were people right when they said blonde girls are just dumb? I sighed, and rolled my eyes when I saw Grey smirking. "What can I get for you?" The blonde chirped flirtatiously.

"Pizza and fries. Just one, we'll share." Grey smiled.

The blonde eye-balled me all evil-like, but I just smiled sweetly at her and batted my eyelashes. "O—oh! Of course," The blonde said, and wrote something down on her pad. I heard her murmur something like; I wonder if I can slip my number to that blonde guy...

Again, I rolled my eyes. So hard they may have actually fallen out this time.

"What would you like for drinks?" The waitress asked, faking a smile at me.

"Diet Soda," I said, and Grey ordered the same thing. The waitress murmured something in response then went back into the kitchen.

Just as Grey begins to make conversation, my phone rings. I muffle a groan and sigh. "One sec, it might be Emily," I said quietly, though I knew it wasn't. I ignored Grey's little sigh as I stood up and scurried towards the bathroom, collapsing into a stall.

I answered the call and Eric's voice filled the end. His annoying, shrill voice. "What is it, Eric?" I snapped, really without meaning to.

"Calm down, Sweetheart," Eric said smoothly on the other end. "Why'd you disappear today?"

"I have better things to do than watch you shoot people, Eric," I said, and I could feel my frustration growing.

"That's exactly what I was calling you about, Beth," Eric informed me, and I could almost see him in his seat, laid back casually with a cigarette positioned between his middle and index finger, dangling carelessly. And of course, there would be that trademarked smirk on his lips. "I don't think that guy was who we were looking for."

I paused. "What do you mean?" I asked quietly, fiddling with a stray thread on my jeans.

Please let Eric be mistaken. Please let Eric be mistaken.

"We think we got the wrong guy," Eric said slowly, and then there's a scream—a cry for help. It makes my heart leap to my throat. The voice is so familiar, I feel light-headed.

"What are you doing to—" I'm forced to stop speaking by someone entering the bathroom.

"Bob let us down, E," Eric said, and I could hear the coldness in his voice. "He's of no use anymore."

"You son of a bitc—" I begin to say, but Eric cuts me off with a sharp remark.

"Ah. You don't want to be useless, do you, Elizabeth?" Eric threatens, and I hear him inhale and blow lightly, probably on a cigarette.

"No..." I squeaked, my voice barely audible.

"Then stay quiet, will you? And report here by tomorrow morning," Eric said, and I bared my teeth to keep from cussing this prick out.

"Alright," I said weakly, and Eric said something else that I didn't register, and he hung up.

I sat there for a minute, my lips set in a thin line. Finally, I stood up and brushed what just happened, like everything else.

You're gonna see that shit. Diana's voice reminded me. Get used to it.

...

My alarm went off to wake me up and I sighed. I ranked my hands through my hair and checked my phone.

When can I take you out again? Grey messaged, and I couldn't help my blush. And then my blush turned into sickness, recalling poor Bob.

The familiar feeling of hating myself for being a part of something like that settled like a weight on my shoulders.

I sigh and pull out my phone again. My insides feel like jello but I force myself to type the words: Tomorrow night.

 My insides feel like jello but I force myself to type the words: Tomorrow night

THANKS FOR READING!!!

IS IS JUST ME OR WAS THE WAITRISS BEING KINDA CREEPY--LIKE COOL DOWN XD.