Part 13

"What are you thinking?" Diana asked, sipping some wine

"What are you thinking?" Diana asked, sipping some wine. She stared at me, her smokey black eyes squinting in my direction.

"This whole situation with The Squealer has got me on edge," I replied, running a hand through my dark hair. "I wish we could just find this Son of a Bitch and deal with him already."

Diana was quiet for a moment, staring into the remains in her glass. She blew some of her straw colored hair out of her face and stared at me, her expression serious. "I think you're looking in the wrong place, Eric," Diana said, sitting up and motioning towards the papers scattered throughout the counter.

I stood up and looked at the papers, which was a giant map of Los Angeles with little blue and red marks scattered about. Diana joined me by my side and motioned vaguely to a certain area of the map.

Our division.

"Cut the shit, will you? Just tell me what you mean," I snapped, slamming my hands down on the counter. Diana rolled her eyes and finished her glass before motioning to our division once again.

"You're looking in other divisions for The Squealer, right? Well, Eric. Has the thought ever occurred to you that someone in our division is The Squealer?" Diana said, a smug smile on her lips.

I toyed with the thought in my mind for a moment.

"Possibly..." I replied slowly, staring down at the red marks scattered about our division.

"And if I were you..." Diana said, hopping up onto the counter. "I'd start investigating right away."

"It's not that easy, Diana," I said, my brow furrowing and my frown deepening. It felt like the answer to The Squealer was right before my eyes and I couldn't get a good enough grip on it to see the truth.

"It is if you know where to start," Diana said, and moved some papers and pulled out a sheet with a name typed in bold across the top.

My eyes widened and I grabbed the paper, and suddenly, I had the truth in my hands. "Diana, be a dear and call Elizabeth in, will you? We have much to discuss with her."

OoOooOOOoOoO, Eric POV?? You guys finally get to see what's going on inside Eric's head! What are some of your thoughts on Eric now?