regretting the past

Chapter I  ♡  regretting the past

Jungkook

Jungkook had never thought he would find himself surrounded by everything that he had ever hated, in one single Friday night.

He even had a list called "things Jungkook should definitely avoid". The list included parties, people, alcohol, Soo Hyun, and his friends, including Kim Taehyung.

Emphasis on Kim Taehyung particularly at the moment, because as Jungkook had been lucky enough to find out recently, he was insufferable.

He had a pretty hard time focusing on the buzzing and voices surrounding him, the music was still blasting out of the sound systems, Jimin was talking, or, better said, rambling at this point, but the only thing Jungkook was thinking of was trying his best to keep an appreciable amount of distance between him and Taehyung.

Which was far from being enough.

Close to having a mental breakdown for letting his guard down once in his life, when he certainly promised himself he wouldn't do it again; Jungkook started counting to ten, to stabilize his breath.

Focus on Jimin's words.

"I can't find any online hardware stores to deliver before Monday, but maybe... if we check, we have a five percent chance we find one around the city and have you guys uncuffed." Jimin said, eyes focused on his phone, hands jittery, walking around in circles.

Focusing on Jimin's words didn't help.

His eyes traveled from the dirty floor of the room, covered in sticky spilled alcohol and confetti? And... was that... cake? Anyway, to his right hand, to the cuffs, to the other hand tied to his by the cuffs, then to the annoying person sharing the space with him.

The unmistakable Kim Taehyung, wearing his unimpressed, bored, punchable face, that Jungkook kind of despised.

He sighed, turning his back to the popular loverboy, starting to hate the sour taste of alcohol on his tongue. Why he agreed to come, to begin with, was beyond his understanding, not talking touching the cocktail cups. What the hell was Jungkook even thinking?

"Can you try, I don't know, stop sulking? You are ruining my mood, man." The voice. The annoying voice interrupted Jungkook's train of thoughts, rudely even, making him turn around in an instant, sending him a poisonous look.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" He cut him off, not really wanting to have this conversation or any conversation with the guy.

"It's your fault, just saying." Kim Taehyung continued, not knowing to read the mood and when to shut up. Or he did know but purposefully chose to step on Jungkook's nerves.

He exhaled.

"Why would that be my fault?"

Taehyung shrugged unceremoniously. "You refused to kiss. A coward. Look what you've done."

"Obviously, why would I kiss you?" Jungkook retorted, not liking where this was going. "I'd rather drink toilet water."

"It's just a fucking kiss." Taehyung raised one of his eyebrows, judgingly, and Jungkook almost lost one of his eyes from too much rolling.

Maybe he wasn't in the mood to explain to Taehyung that it wasn't his plan to join the rest of the campus on the list of people he made out with.

"Guys, I know the situation is not ideal." Jimin opened his mouth again, interrupting the heated conversation, sensing the danger. Jungkook started reconsidering their friendship at that point. "Please try not to kill each other while we are searching for a solution... please?"