getting out of the comfort zone

Chapter II  ♡  getting out of the comfort zone

Not only Jungkook was forced into joining the party for Jimin that Friday, but it was a themed party, so, naturally, he was forced by the circumstances to dress up as well.

At first, he considered turning himself into a trash bag but Jimin, of course, didn't believe he really meant it and helped him put something different on. And it hasn't been an easy process because whatever Jimin's idea of a costume party was, it didn't fit Jungkook's.

Jimin chose to dress up as a policeman, which by the way, not only fit him well but it highlighted his curves perfectly, and even Jungkook would fall into his trap if he didn't know him better.

The only problem was... Jungkook's costume. They spent around two hours deciding on something until Jungkook came up with the idea of dressing up as a hacker, that way, not a lot of people were about to recognize him (not that anyone knew him anyway) and it wasn't that hard to match his clothes.

He chose a simple skinny, black pair of ripped jeans and a black hoodie, along with a creepy but interesting mask. However, Jimin totally disagreed with the whole concept, so Jungkook had to agree on wearing a white loosey jersey underneath the hoodie, just in case it would get too hot. That way, Jungkook could get rid of the hoodie and finally look appealing.

The jersey was too revealing, so no, Jungkook wasn't going to take it off but Jimin did not have to know that.

Soon after that, they were in front of Hoseok's house and the loud noise coming from inside was already outrageous to Jungkook's ears. At least he had a mask to cover up half of this face so that no one could see his pout and the boredom on his face. He came fully prepared, already excited to leave.

As soon as they got in people started gathering around Jimin and congratulating him since he was the center of attention for the night, so Jungkook quietly moved towards the first table that seemed to offer pizza and fizzy drinks. He hoped he could find something light, without alcohol preferably, since he still had to finish an assignment during the upcoming weekend.

As he mentioned to Jimin previously, he wasn't going to stick around for too long so he made himself comfortable in a corner and started munching on a piece of pizza. He could see Jimin and the number of compliments thrown into his direction and well... Jungkook knew how everyone loved him. Of course Jimin liked to be surrounded by people, that's his nature. A stunning social butterfly, full of confidence. Everyone wanted to be his friend, but Jimin was selective.

At least one good thing about the whole situation. Jimin seemed happy.

Many students were still arriving but some others were already hitting the bottles. No one seemed drunk yet. Jungkook inspected the surroundings, checking whether he could spot at least someone he knew but he regretted it as soon as he did. His eyes landed on Kim Taehyung, who was hitting on a girl a few meters away from him. Who in the world would accept sharing the space with that creature anyway? He rolled his eyes, scrunching his nose, continuing his room inspection.

Of course, later on, he also spotted his ex with some of his friends, already going for shots drinking competitions. It's been around ten minutes and Jungkook wanted to go home.

Jungkook wasn't necessarily shy. Okay, maybe he was a bit. And a bit more introverted, but honestly, all he tried to do his entire life was to avoid making a fool out of himself, the way all the cool guys did. He just... wouldn't bear seeing himself doing some dumb shit then just laugh about it. There's literally nothing funny about it, in his opinion.