running away from you

Chapter VII running away from you

Jungkook

Jungkook took a quick five-minute shower, not really understanding Taehyung's urge to disappear like that. The more he thought of it, the worse it became. It became all so clear for Jungkook, Taehyung had been nice to him just out of courtesy, which meant Jungkook made the right choice not to give in to the carnal wishes that had been eating him alive for the past two days.

But the more time he spent inside led him to overthink, so Jungkook thought that the best thing he could do was to make it to the course scheduled in 20 minutes.

As soon as he was done with everything, he took his backpack and that's when he realized there was a phone that wasn't his left on the bed. He frowned, realizing it was Taehyung's.

How can someone not realize they have forgotten their phone by now? Jungkook wondered if Taehyung would come back any moment after his phone...

Well, he couldn't wait for him, right?

He quickly texted Jimin and asked if he had any idea where Taehyung's dorm was situated exactly. After a few questions, more like a Jimin type of questions, he received the location and to his surprise, he was happy to find out that it was pretty close to the building where he had his next course. How convenient.

He thought he'd drop by quickly and check whether Taehyung was still there, maybe he was lucky enough and could hand him the phone personally.

It wasn't even that hard to find the place, a small apartment building designed for students. Jimin explained to Jungkook that Seokjin and Yoongi were living there as well, in a different apartment, so it wasn't hard to give directions.

Jungkook entered the building, inspecting the interior and realizing that even though the place was populated with students, everything looked way cleaner than back in the main dorm he was living in with Jimin. Much better, livable.

Jungkook was very close to getting away from there to his own rented apartment. All he needed to do was to work a bit harder and spend a bit less.

In the hall of the building, he quickly found a paper framed at the entrance, displaying the distribution of the students and the apartment numbers.

He found Taehyung assigned to room 307. Third floor. He found the elevator and rushed there. The whole floor seemed pretty quiet, most likely everyone was attending courses at that hour.

He found the apartment with the letters 307 written there and just the moment when he prepared to knock, the door opened, almost punching him in the face.

"Oh, wow, sorry?" The tall guy replied confusedly, looking a bit in a rush. "Are you looking for someone by any chance?"

"Actually, yes," Jungkook replied politely. "Is Kim Taehyung still here by any chance? I need to give him something."

"Oh." The handsome guy replied with a quirky eyebrow. Jungkook just hoped he wasn't going to ask any questions. "He's taking a shower or already did it, just let him know you are here and you could wait on the couch there." He gestured towards the living room.

Jungkook just nodded and made room for the rushed student to exit the room, and afterward, he entered the apartment, closing the door after himself and taking his shoes off, hoping Taehyung would be out soon.