V

She remembers the story.

Luxiana was not close with her father, instead their relationship is closer to of  strangers. She recall that whenever the two encounter they would just brush past each other.

Truthfully, their ties resemble that of the North which is their land, so cold, indifferent, and piercing.

The only memorable event between the two are the times when Luxiana is scolded due to being involved in a lot of fights but aside from those she couldn'tremember anything else.

The Duke furrowed his brows confused by the sudden title his daughter spoke of.

"Duke? As I recall you still call me Father despite of your hate for me." Duke Regal told her.

Deigh could feel herself froze due to that, she realized she had made a mistake.

" Oh my, if you may excuse me. I think I have forgotten what to call your grace for we have not met for a long time." She brushed the statement rather harshly.

The cold Duke who is not prepared for such a retort, coughed. Fortunately, they have not started eating yet because if they would, then surely he would lost his reputation for breaking the etiquette.

Deigh along with the others maintain their composure yet in the inside they are so nervous.

'I'm dead' Deigh thought.

'Are they starting again?' The staffs too became worried.

Duke Regal on the other side, looked at his daughter, speechless. That was so out of her character. He didn't know Luxiana has that atittude in her, because everytime they meet she would only remain silent and would tremble as if she has seen a monster.

This was the first time she talked to him with that tone yet he couldn't bring himself to scold her, it was unlike before. Is this a good sign or a bad one, he wonders.

For now, he decided to spare her because it was true that they haven't seen each other for a long time.

He sighed. "Anyways, let's eat."

They focus on eating that not even a sound was heard aside from those coming from the utensil. It became so silent that it felt like they didn't talk a while ago.

The dinner ended without them talking about what Yera has been worried about. She sighed from relief as it felt like the Duke has already forgotten about the matter.