XVII

"We should take your glasses off my lady, then you'll be the most beautiful madameoiselle in that party!!!"

Yera happily exclaimed yet her excitement was returned with a passive response.

Deigh sighed at the enthusiasm of her maid.

"I will still look the same, so no." She answered.

Deigh looked at the mirror and observed herself.

She is a princess born from a Ducal family yet her status seems to be emphasised more at the moment.

It's like it's was telling the viewers that she is an important person, a well doted and cherished daughter of the Duke.

Her waist-length hair that was always in a bun was done in a half ponytail style with the ends curled. She was also wearing a sapphire filled tiara and earrings. Her neck too was embraced with a single teardrop shaped necklace. Overall, they used a sapphire themed set of jewelries on her.

Tonight she is wearing a champagne colored off shoulder ball gown. The gown was so beautiful as it was well thought of and sewed with delicate touch, its design was so intricate that it does not seemed rushed. There were even jewels emphasizing her waistline and decorating the ends of her gown. Surely, nobles can't picked on it.

Indeed, Deigh compliments the seamstress for turning the dress beyond her expectations but she finds it disappointing, not on her part but of the maker, because she felt like she's not worthy of wearing such beautiful gown.

She sighed.

"How boring..." She heard her maid muttered.

"Do you have something to say to me, Yera?"

"It's just that, I thought it would be better to take your glasses off my lady. You're beautiful yet your beauty is not seen because it was always covered by that dark rimmed glasses..." Yera became upset.

Her young Miss was always not confident she did seem to change but she can see that there are still parts of the old her that remained. Sadly, it was not the positive ones...

Deigh understands Yera's thoughts. Actually, she knows it too as she lived as Luxiana for a while she started to notice

That with just a little touch up Luxiana might even surpassed the aesthetics of main protagonist, it was to be expected because she was the daughter of the Duke Regal who was also known due to his 'alluring' beauty, but a makeover now isn't what she needs.

She has no need for unwanted attraction, it will only put her in a bad position.

"I might consider it next time, Yera, but... for now, I'll just show you."

'Let's just give it to her once.'

She took off her glasses and smiled at her upset maid.

"Thank you for staying with her although you quiet have the mouth." Right then truly smiled brighter than before.

'So bright!!!'

Yera who was in a trance due to the smile shown to her by her young Miss snapped out of her daze.

"Her? What are you talking about my lady? No, wait... Was that a compliment or an insult???"

Deigh who still hadn't put on her glasses laugh at Yera.

Meanwhile, Yera on the other hand stiffened when she saw the color of the orbs of her young lady changed.

'Gold?' She thought.

"Young lady, the carriage is ready. The Duke is waiting for you outside."

Deigh who was laughing just till now composed her self and wear her eye glasses.

"Well then Yera, I have to go now."

Yera who's confused blinked her eyes and responded to Deigh.

"Ah...yes...yes, my lady. Have fun..."

'It might be my imagination because I need gold right now... I'm going to dig a ground tomorrow hoping that lady luck will shine on me hehe. '

Yera became excited of gold yet later on her thoughts became random and random until she fell asleep and forgot about it.

She slept snoozing so loudly that the other maid's in the room stayed up awake all night.

"Luxiana, the gown suits you so well. Should I make the seamstress your official staff?" The Duke who's happy with how his daughter looked bring up the subject.

'I think...the threat had worked well.' Regal thought.

That day the seamstress came to the mansion she encountered the Duke on her way out who invited her to his office.

She didn't know that, that day will be one of the scariest moments in her life.

'The lady was well loved'

She thought but as she remembered the words of the Duke she can't help but to shiver in terror. She went out of the mansion trembling in fear.

The Duke made it so he could show the nobles they could no longer behave like they did towards his daughter.

Deigh who was embarassed, denied her father's proposal and instead take his hand which he offered to escort her.

Deigh entered the carriage and took a seat and soon the Duke followed after giving his instructions to the butler.

The carriage went on and yet Duke Regal can't spark a conversation with his daughter for the lady is stuck thinking on what she should do on the ball. No matter what the Duke do he couldn't get her attention.

'When we arrive, I have to blend well that I won't be noticed like a camouflage.' She thought.