XX

*Unedited Version*

"At this point you will get sick, my lady."

Yera cried at her when she caught sight of her approaching the dome in the early morning.

"That habit is becoming unhealthy. If you want to continue doing that, you should also take exercise into consideration." She continued while sobbing.

Although Deigh's becoming irritated to Yera's uncalled meddling she couldn't just tell her off, seeing that her maid was only concerned about her well-being.

"Well, youre right. "

'I might have become unproductive these days.' she thought.

'Then what's the best way to sweat it off? Hmm....'

"That's it!!! Yera, your clothes!!!" she exclaimed.

"Huh? What are you going to do with my clothes my lady? If ever you're punishing me from speaking out of turn, just flag me my lady, please spare my clothes!!!" Not knowing what her lady is planning, Yera jumped into such conclusion.

Deigh weirded out, knitted her eyebrows.

"What are you taking about? Flagging? Who would do that? I'm just going to borrow your clothes for a bit. I'll return them to you or I can just buy you some new ones to pay for the favor." She responded.

"Is that so? Then you can go first to your room, my lady, and I'll go get them. I..I'm going to trust you my lady... although I dont know what youre planning, so dont try to burn my clothes nor throw them to waste!!!" she yelled as she run towards her room.

'Where does she even get those ideas, really?' she sighed.

'But I think I dont really need exercise, dealing with you already made me so exhausted.' Deigh thought as she watched the maid disappearing in the distance.

She started walking towards her room and took a bath herself. When she went out of the bath she saw Yera neatly folding the clothes.

"Go call for a carriage, I'll change, myself."

Soon after, Deigh and Yera left for downtown.

As soon as they get off the carriage, the curious Yera began to question Deigh.

"What are we going to do here, my lady? Shopping for dresses? hmm, Jewelries? You don't really like them... then, that might not be the case.... Ah! Was it books? Did you run out of books to read? Great, I know where is the most famous bookstore here."

Deigh bit her lips to stop herself from smiling due to the actions of her maid whom had her fingers on her chin then clapping like an idiot when she thought she had guessed right.

Actually, she really has no idea at all. She just thought of the downtown that's all there is, but now that she think about it she had no more books to read, so might as well buy some now that they're nearby.

'I told her I'd return the favor, but let's just go buy books first.'

"That's right, so you may take the lead."

"Obviously, my lady. You don't really go here, so I am obligated to lead the way. But if we're just going downtown, why didn't you just wear your clothes, my lady?"

'She's really a master in annoying me'

Deigh can't turn away from the inquiry, for if she do so she knew that Yera would not stop until she gives up. Thus, it will only be bothersome and she hates being bothered.

"I just don't want to draw attention, that's all."

Yera noticed how she ended the conversation, so the former became silent.

Truthfully, she knows that nobles going out of town always had all eyes on them, sometimes it was of admiration often of disgust and malice. They were also the main targets of thieves and such.

Though, she thought that that won't be the case this time because the lady she was serving is the daughter of the Lord who's in charge of this land, thus no one would dare do such a thing to the sole child of the Duke. It was unless they're asking for trouble, though the Duke's not one to engage in child's play, so the punishment would be heavy, especially that his precious child would be involved.

"Stay close to me, my lady. We don't need you getting lost here like a child"

"I can get you fired even with selfish reason, you know."

She only said that to threaten Yera yet it seems the maid knows she won't do it.

She sighed.

"Anyway, let's just go. I can't win from you."

Later on, they entered a bookstore,  which really stands on its reputation.

There are so many books which were placed in order, it is very organized, the place itself too is so big that it just look like a library.

The customer service too is appreciated.

She browse through shelves for a few minutes and stopped at a corner, the category, Element Manipulation caught her attention.

"That's right, magic and such exist in this place, it is a fantasy world after all..." She whispered.

'Should I try reading one? Though, I don't have such abilities because Luxiana's body isn't capable to control one... still I'm curious...'

After thinking, she decided to grab one, and went to the counter where Yera is in, hopefully she bought the books Deight told her to.

She put the books on the counter and let Yera deal with it.

She sat on a chair in the store and waited for Yera. Not long after, her maid arrived and they exited the bookstore.

"I'll carry the books, give them to me."

"No, my lady. I know you were guilty for punishing me because of my previous actions, yet I won't dare let your precious hands be stained."

Really, that sarcasm... I thought she was just a crybaby but I've made a mistake.... Does she have a dual personality? Nah...

" Suit yourself. "

Soon after, they entered a botique and selected some dresses for the both of them.

Yera who was first rejecting her lady's offer surrendered and is now happy with the dresses they bought.

Deigh on the other hand, just picked a few for herself to convince Yera.

After, they finished their stuffs, the two decided to enter a pastry shop.

They didn't attract attention which made Deigh heaved a sigh of relief.

Yera looked at her like she has grown another head.

'Why does she felt relieved? There's no one here who knows her anyway. Isn't it obvious that they won't have their eyes on her...?' she thought as she shakes her head in bewilderment.

They took a seat and waited for the server.

As they looked at the menu, she stared at Yera who look like she was about to drool from all the illustrations in the menu. Deigh smiled as she looked away, only to met with the eyes of a person.

Her smile dropped. She stiffened.

'Asher Michaels... What is the male lead doing here? '