The Vixens

"In the mood for a fight?" Cheryl asked.

"I've just been so stressed between Jason and even just finding a place to live. The theater is closing in a couple weeks and I need a place to stay"

Cheryl stopped me. "You can always stay at the mansion with me I don't mind and mommy won't mind either"

  I thought about it. "What about your dad Cheryl?" I said.

She clearly hadn't thought about that. Clifford not only didn't like anyone but he mainly didn't like me. I reminded him of Jason supposedly. He called me defiant on multiple occasions and disobedient as well. That could've been because of how people were biased to my brother and father but I didn't care enough to respond to his incessant comments.

"I'll tell you what come over tonight and I'll ask ok?" She said, This was the side of Cheryl nobody else except me and Jason got to see. I nodded.

"Yeah that works" I said. We hugged as we were about to split ways. "I'll see you at cheer tryouts" I said.

History was by far boring compared to any of my other classes. It also had an easy workload though. Archie Jughead Betty and the new girl all shared this class with me. So behind my back I was sure to be getting dirty looks. Which reminded me I had dinner with the four of us tonight. My brother would probably criticize me tonight but it was nothing I haven't seen before. I could feel people staring at me behind my back. I turned around to be met with everyone in our group excluding Veronica who was minding her own business. Gretchen's.

"Ms. Jones eyes up front" Mr. Whatever his name was, said.

I turned forwards again lucky me I would only have to sit through 6 classes probably just the same as this. "Look I didn't mean what I said Betty" I said after school. She was going to try out for cheer along with Veronica and I had to make things right with her.

"I know Jughead already apologized for you. He told me about the drive in and that's why you've been acting like this. It's fine. No hard feelings" she said.

Jughead apologized for me? He's older by what a minute and he thinks he can go around apologizing for me? I wasn't angry that he apologized more that he went behind my back to do it. My nails pierced my skin as I thought about what Betty had said. On several occasions this happened to Betty I could see it. But nothing like this.

"Tryouts are starting gotta go" Betty said, hugging me.

I snapped out of my moment and remembered, Jughead was Jughead. He was a writer, my brother was a geek to some people at our school, he didn't get me enough to understand how I run things. I met with Cheryl before the tryouts started to get changed.

"Feels good to be a vixen again" I said walking with her, our arms looped together.

Me and her sat side by side judging the girls trying out. No to the brunette. Bad hair for the blonde in pigtails. Then Betty and Veronica were in front of us. Doing fairly well actually but I knew Cheryl enough to know she wouldn't let Betty on the team.

"Ladies where the heat where's the sizzle" Cheryl said. I nodded agreeing.

Then something I didn't expect happened.

"Well you haven't seen our big finish" the new girl said.

She leaned into Betty kissing her lips. It didn't impress me. Just surprising.

"Check your cell by date ladies pho lesbian kissing hasn't been taboo since 1994" I said.

Cheryl grabbed my wrist slightly telling me to calm myself.

"So let's see if you do better with the interview portion of the audition," Cheryl said, pausing.

"How's your sister Betty?".

I looked down in my lap. Anything to distract myself from the questions Cheryl would ask about Betty or Jason.

"Polly's fine thanks for asking," Betty replied, messing with her hands.

"Has Betty told you about her sister yet?" Cheryl paused letting Veronica respond.

She shook her head.

" Go ahead Betty tell her. Tell her about your sister and my dear brother" Cheryl said.

"Polly and Jason dated," Betty replied.

My eyes watered slightly at the mention of them. I was their third wheel. I was Jason's other soulmate. Not to mention Polly's other half, her younger sister besides Betty.

"I wouldn't say dated. Didn't end well in fact Jason is probably the reason your sister had a nervous breakdown and now lives in a group home isn't it" Cheryl said.