Comeback

"What's your name?" The therapist asked.

I didn't need this. My brother didn't know how I thought he just knew whatever was going to happen would be tough. "Jenna Elizabeth Jones" I said, sighing.

"Is there a problem?" She asked.

"No it's just that I don't want to be here. I didn't go through physical trauma. Everyone else went through Jason's death too" I said.

I was tired of these therapy sessions. Everybody said I needed them. I didn't. I was fine, living, thriving if anything. "I'll tell you what. It's been 5 days. I'm going to recommend going to school tomorrow. Monitoring your status through Jughead and your principle. If you are able to get through the school day tomorrow then I'll let you stay at school" she said, writing something down on her paper.

"Yeah ok" I replied.

I wasn't on suicide watch anymore and I was no longer staying at the hospital. I was staying with Archie and my brother. Occasionally Betty too. It was like a neighborhood item that they passed around. Jughead was waiting for me outside of the room. "I'm going back to school tomorrow Ross I think that's her name is letting me" I told him.

He nodded. "She told me," he said, showing me the paper she had been writing on.

'hasn't made progress' was written on almost every category she had written down. "I've made progress, I don't know what she's talking about" I said, shrugging it off.

"Jenna you've seemed off since last week you read that message and you shattered. You haven't talked about any of it to her"

I nodded. Of course now I was the broken twin. Tomorrow would be bad, in fact I was sure of it. I ate, said hi to everyone, slept, woke up, got dressed, ate and went to school normally. Normal. That was something I wasn't. That was something Jason's death wasn't. It wasn't normal and it wasn't fair that I didn't know the truth or that Polly didn't even know. I walked in the school building heading to my locker. I saw bright colors. Notes. Candles. Not by one locker but three. Jason's Polly's and mine. Young people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes. I thought of Polly and Jason.

Flashback:

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" a blonde girl said, bumping into a redhead and myself dropping a couple books.

Me and him helped pick them up and handed them to her. I laughed as I slipped causing the books to fall again. "I'm sorry" I said. 

"I'm Jenna" I said introducing myself.

"Polly," the girl said.

I recognized the redhead from 3rd grade. "And Jason?" I asked.

He nodded laughing too

End of Flashback:

I wanted to break down right here. I wanted to throw the book I was carrying but I couldn't. That would prove people's points that I was not mentally in a stable spot. I wasn't. But I never have been. I instead opened my locker and grabbed the few things I needed ignoring the get well soon notes on my own locker and the I'm sorry for your loss sticky notes hung on my locker. Shouldn't these be on Cheryl's locker? I could see hers from here. Nothing was on it, no notes, no flowers by it, nothing. I didn't go to Cheryl like I normally would. I went to the trophy case. Where pictures of Jason and Polly were hung. Cheerleader and football player it was iconic. I raised my head towards the ceiling fighting the tears. "Jenna, your back," Cheryl said.

I nodded. "Yeah" I said.

I hugged her letting the scent of vanilla and cherry wash over me. "How could this have happened?" I whispered.

After Cheryl had taught me the new cheer routine for tonight she had decided she wanted me next to her side. I had picked up the routine easily and eventually after cheer practice was over she had to go do something to prepare for tonight's game so I went somewhere where I knew my brother was. The lounge.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: it's prolly bad I started crying while writing parts of this because I realized how much I'm relating to losing my best friend. Might've also just been tired but lately idk.