Suspect

Nothing. Nothing unusual. Until we went to biology. Archie took Cheryl and Betty partnered up with me. They made it obvious something was going on but I didn't care. We were in the middle of dissecting our frogs when Sheriff Keller and principal weather bee came into the room. I looked at Cheryl with regret. I didn't tell her so many things. Cheryl's eyes were glued on mine as well as I mouthed 'sorry' to her slowly. To think while all this was going on Jason's body was being cut open.

"Jennifer Jones and Cheryl," sheriff Keller said.

We stood up making our way out of class. Kids giggled at the use of my full name. Jennifer. It didn't sound right. Neither did forsythe though. To my surprise I was put in handcuffs and even though Cheryl presented her wrists Keller said there was no need.

"Did you Jenna Jones murder Jason Blossom?" Principal weather bee said lowering his oval glasses as we sat in his office.

"No. I wouldn't. I would never do that" I said.

"Jason's autopsy report showed he did not die July 4th like originally stated by Cheryl. Jughead came in and told us there is logical evidence you did it" Sheriff Keller said again reading off of some papers.

My dad Penelope Blossom and Clifford Blossom all burst through the door. Cheryl's parents grabbed her and said something about not waiting for a lawyer. I had my head in my hands as I thought about what would happen to me. They thought I murdered Jason. I had motives. I was close to him and Polly.

"I didn't do it. I had already planned a trip that weekend with my brother and Archie. In fact we were going to go until Archie bailed" I said.

I rubbed my head.

"Look Principal weatherbee I'm sorry if this is rude or intruding but could I have come up on your list because I have had breakdowns over Jason Blossom?" I asked.

That was the only reason I could've been in cuffs right now. Because he had a grudge against me.

"You had a history of gang affiliations at the time of Jason's death and were the closest person to him at the time" Sheriff Keller said.

Gang affiliations? Yes I had been in the serpent's in fact I still am I just don't wear my jacket as much. But how did they know? Kevin.

"Did you get this all from your son Keller? Because I assure you I did not murder Jason Blossom and if Kevin Keller believes I did I didn't" I said.

"We need to collect evidence anyways your free to go under the circumstances of not leaving Riverdale" Keller said again.

I nodded as he took the handcuffs off my wrist. I could already imagine the hard time my father would give me being the deadbeat he is. Then Alice would write something causing my reputation to collapse. I wasn't surprised when my dad followed me out of the room and started going off on me. Telling me how I should've told him about this stuff. How the authorities should've known about Polly.

"And now you're a prime suspect, do you know how bad that is?" He said.

"You don't get to do that! You don't think I don't already know I'm the number one suspect in my best friends murder. I have been. Since I read that article at Pops. I'm just saying what everyone else in this town thinks. Did I murder him? No. He was my best friend, nothing less and nothing more than that. So if you wanna talk to me about doing the wrong thing talk to yourself first" I said.

I was angry. My father shouldn't be allowed to do something like this. Criticize me for stuff he's down a thousand times. I wasn't surprised when we didn't talk on the ride home

A/n: happy late April fool's day! I hope your weekend is good and I hope you enjoy this short-ish chapter.