Chapter 06: Journey

By mid-morning, we were ready to head out.After tying my knapsack, containing my books and a couple of snacks, to my back and strapping my wooden sword to my waist. I grasped my mother,s hand and followed my parents to meet the Twin Horns.

we reached the inn they were staying in Ashber and saw them out near the stables.My father after hugging his ex-party members exclaimed.

"Fellas, I want you guys to meet my son, Arthur! Go on Art, introduce yourself"After that, I introduced myself to the familiar figures in front of me receiving the same response as I have received back then.

After the greetings, I hopped onto the carriage furthest back. Lately, I'd gotten the hang of using my blood core. I had yet to fully test what I was capable of, for fear of giving my parents a heart attack by showing off too much, but it was getting a bit more natural to use the blood core. It was the same as using mana and Aether as I used t before, instead this time I just had a common passage for both mana and the Aether.

While everyone was loading our stuff I tried to use inspect on the twin horns.'Inspect'

[Name:Helen Shard][Age:26][Affinity:None][Lv:22][STR:150][AG:250][MP:150/180]

[Name:Angela Rose][Age:26][Affinity:Wind][Lv:22][STR:100][AG:120][MP:220/230]

[Name: Durden Walker][Age:32][Affinity: Earth][Lv:24][STR:300][AG:130][MP176/180]

[Name:Adam Krensh][Age:24][Affinity:None][Lv:23][STR:240][AG:200][MP:50/50]

[Name:Jasmine Flamesworth][Age:20][Affinity:Wind/Fire][Lv:25][STR:280][AG:260][MP:250/250]

Out of all, Jasmine was at the highest level. After our party finished loading in all of our travel necessities into the two carriages we were taking, we strapped in Skitters.____________________________By nightfall, the once distant mountain range seemed to have doubled in size. We eventually stopped to set up camp near a small cluster of boulders. It was a good spot with the rocks blocking off nearly all of the wind and a lot of scrap wood fallen branches to use as a campfire.

After setting up a couple of tents around the fire, my father and mother had begun conversing with the Twin Horns about old times Helen started to ask me questions about my mana core. And then came the representative of clowns, Adam.

By this time a couple of curious ears perked up as Adam asked "Hey Reynolds, do you mind if I test little art "

Knowing where this was going to end I got up from my seats hoping to end this as soon as possible, but then the familiar sound rang in my mind.

[Quest: Defeat Adam Krensh]

[Failure: Level down by 25]

[Reward: [10,000exp] [Combat Mastery] [Overlord] [Fly] [Create Lv1] ]

'Sorry, Adam it looks like I have to win this one.'I thought to myself as I moved to an open area. The rewards were too much to ignore even if there wasn't one I still would have claimed the victory as I do not Want a decrease in my level and 25 at that.Adam also got up from his makeshift log seat and looked around until he found a short stick satisfied with it.

"Come here kids. Haha, let's see what you are made off"

"You know how to reinforce your weapon right, genius"

I didn't retrieve the wooden sword from my back Instead I formed 2 aether blades as I was already capable of doing all aether arts.

Adam's eyes opened wide as he saw the manifestation of 2 translucent amethyst blades.

"I do not need to" I replied while ready to attack at a moments notice.

Adam also took a defensive position, somewhat scared of my swords. As soon as the match started I used God Step and appeared right in front of him.I swing my swords cutting the stick into several small pieces.

When adam noticed me he got surprised and fell to the ground."My win"I announced as i walke back to my seat.