courage

Y/N'S POV

I left to school this morning at 5 before my parents could wake up. Not that they ever stay together anymore, mom sleeps in their room and dad is either on the couch or his home office.

It sickening to see how they've gotten. But yeah I left home and went to a 24 hour Cafe and stayed their till it was 7 and I left for school.

My mom texted me asking where I was per usual and I just said at school then dad didn't really give a fuck. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, frankly if he did I think I would end up losing my cool and slapping him.

But now it evening time and I'm here walking back home. For years I've been walking to school cause appa "doesn't have time". To take me to and from school anymore.

I didn't say anything tho. I've learned to just accept things as they are. As I approached home I realized I wasn't getting away from them today.

I sighed and threw my head back in frustration. I kept my cold face on and opened the front door. Just as I suspected my dad was fuming and my mom was crying.

I wouldn't lie I've lost all respect for this man if I didn't know better I would've decked him already. They both turned to me and my mom quickly wiped her tears.

I looked back and forth between them my anger was raising by the second so I quickly walked upstairs shutting my door behind me.

I started swearing loudly and threw my backpack in rage. It didn't help tho I was boiling, thank God my room is sound proof otherwise I just know this man's pride would be broken hearing me.

I pushed my hair back and sighed out. Going to my closet I took out some clothes and went to my bathroom taking a cold shower I change and went back to my room.

Finally the house was in silence for once I layed down and closed my eyes. Then I heard a soft knock on my door I knew it was my mom.

"Come in". I tried to keep my tone as calm as possible. She came in I heard he approach and soon the bed beside me sank a little and a hand was planted in my hair softly massaging my scalp.

"How was school honey". "Fine mom". I finally built up the courage to look at her. Opening my eyes I was greeted by puffy red eyes.

My heart clenched, what the fuck kind of monster did my father turn into. How could he do this to the woman he loved since they were 12 that too over what?

Fucking money? I was disgusted to call him my father. I swallowed to lump in my throat, "how was your day mom"? I saw her gulp. "G-good dear".

I chuckled bitterly and shook my head sitting up. "Mom look at me and tell me something, do I look like so kind of an idiot kid to u"?

She quickly shook her head hearing my statement. "What no ofcourse not you're brilliant". "Right, so then why did u think I'd believe that lie".

She looked down not being able to answer me. "Mom why, why do u let him do this. Defend yourself, I can't stand seeing u like this everyday. It makes me wanna kill him".

She quickly looked at me with a stern face hearing my words. "Don't say that about your father y/n, have some respect, and I love him. That's why, u do too don't ever let me here that come out of your mouth again".

I laughed sarcastically and shook my head standing. "Mom are u really that blinded by "love", can't u see? He doesn't care about us anymore. He's changed he's not the same person we once knew".

"He's fucking abusive, he loves money not us. He keeps making u cry taking advantage of your weakness. CANT U SEE THI-".

I was cut off by a harsh slap making my head turn to the side. "Stop it just stop. If this is what you're gonna say don't talk at all". She harshly said to me.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt. I was trying to make her realize and this is what I get. But, I held it in, I refuse to cry over this. I refuse to be one of the weak ones.

I lifted my face hearing her go silent she was just looking at me with sorry eyes and her hand was shaking.

"Y-y/n I'm s-sorry honey I d-didnt mean to". I sighed. I can't be mad at my mom, I was hurt but what can I do she's innocent and vulnerable.

I went to her and hugged her for the first time in a while. "It's okay mom, I'm not mad at you. Forget it, it's just a little slap, you're right I shouldn't talk like this. It's late I'm gonna do some homework and go to bed".

I sat back down as she just remained in her place standing. "You won't e-eat"? "No I'm not hungry I ate before I came home". I lied.

She nodded and walked out as I looked at her back. As she shut the door I layed my head on the backboard continuously hitting my head on it.

"Why why why. Why us why mom why does she have to be so innocent. Why did he have to change like this". My voice cracked at the end but I held everything back.

I looked at the ceiling. "God, please help me. I can't see my mom like this. I don't care about myself, just help her out of this".

I looked around and got up closing my curtains I layed back down and went to sleep to help my stress or I might do something I'll regret.