we should forgive him...

Y/N'S POV

The entire ride home it was silent, I was still mad and tired so I wasn't in the mood for shit. Getting home I parked hung my keys and stuck my hands in my pants pockets walking inside the house first.

As we entered the living room I looked at mom. "If something happens call me, I'll be in my office". I walked away not letting her answer and went to my office.

I don't really work I just come here to relax or when I want to be by myself and think through stuff. The first couple weeks when we moved here I spent alot of time in here untill eventually I came out more.

Couple minutes into me just sitting with my eyes closed trying to get my mind on track mom screamed my name from downstairs.

I shot up and ran down. I entered into the living room and saw her on her knees crying and dad laying on her lap seemingly unconscious with dried tears on his face. I was baffled.

I quickly ran to them. "Y-y/n take him to my room quickly. I'll call the doctor". I did as she said lifting dad I took him to her room. I was shocked at how light he was, I know I work out and I'm really stong for the average 17 year old but I know for a fact that wasn't normal.

She came into the room couple minutes later she came in with a worried expression. I know I'm mad at him but I wouldn't lie I'm worried myself. "Doctor is on his way". She said. "What even happened to make him pass out like that"?

"I don't know when u left he hugged and started crying and apologizing he really is sorry. He started tell me about how he really regretted what he did and how he really changed and that he's proud of u for making the decision u did that day to take me and leave, then boom, he passed out and was about to fall but I caught him".

I nod, I could feel that he really meant his apologies and that he'd changed but the way he used to promise before before never change gave me serious trust issues with him.

So I'll give it a while before I really show that I'm not so mad anymore. Then we heard a knock on the door. "Come in". The doctor came in and told us to leave the room he'll call us once he's done.

We sat in the living room again eagerly waiting for the doctor to come out. After an hour finally he did. He sat beside me and started explaining what he found out from dad's condition.

"Okay so, from what I've seen, it looks like he hasn't been eat or drinking properly for the past several months. His body is very drawn down and he seems overworked and stressed, clearly he hasn't been resting and biggest out of all he seems to be in a state of depression".

"State of depression? What makes u say that doctor"? I asked. "I checked his body during my check up normal doctor's criteria and I noticed multiple rows of cuts on his thighs arms and wrist. But fresh and old".

Me and mom were shocked now I really felt bad. "He needs alot of care and love. You both have to take very good care of him, make sure he eat and drinks properly and rests don't let him stress himself out. Most importantly don't let him feel like he isn't loved, it can cause him to continue the self harm".

"O-okay doctor thank u, is there anything u would like to prescribe at all or is that it"? "That's it y/n". "Okay how much do I need to pay you"? He gave me a price I payed him walked him out and went back to where mom was.

She was blankly staring at the floor. I sat down infront of her, "mom-". She cut me off "It's time we forgive him y/n he means it look at his condition. I can't stand to see him like this". I sighed. "I know mom, we should".

My head told me not to do this but my heart said it was time. If it's one thing I can give credit to dad for is for the couple good morals he gave to me as a kid. One such moral being "follow your heart not your mind, your heart will lead u in the correct direction for the entirety of your lifetime not your mind".

"Your mind is selfish not your heart".

(This is something my dad actually taught me when he seemingly still cared about anything to do with me other than my grades. But anyways)

I got up. "Let's go I stay with him and I'll make something for him to eat when he wakes up then we'll talk to him". She nodded and quickly wiped her tears walking to the room.