Chapter 20: The Breach and unexpected allies

Darkness...darkness.... that was all Michael could see after the train had impacted the barrier as he and the others were in the dome of ice. Just then he then saw light just above him as he was able to now open his eyes and saw the evening sky above him. He then sat up and looked around to see his fellow marines to his right and team RWBY to his left. He also saw that they were in the middle of the shopping district in Vale. Just as he and the others were starting to get back on their feet there was suddenly a big rumble coming from under the ground as a king taijitu burst up from the ground with more Grimm following behind it. Soon all the civilians that were around started to run for their lives to get away from the grimm that were flooding out of the hole.

"Guys we have company!" Michael shouted shouldering his rifle. 

"No shit!" Ryan added as he pulled up his M60. 

"Oh no..." Ruby said looking at all the Grimm surrounding them. "This isn't good."

"Could always be worse Ruby." Nick said as a couple of big Ursa's came out of the ground letting out a loud roar.

"You were saying Nick?" Weiss groaned as she readied her weapon.

"Oh, shut it Weiss, how was I supposed to know?" Nicked replied. Just then the giant group of grimm surrounded the group and looked like they were about to strike.

"You sure you guys can handle this?" Blake asked the Marines who now had their weapons primed and ready.

"Blake, they don't call us Marines for nothing." Alex said fixing the bayonet to his rifle. "LET'S KILL SOME GRIMM!"

Soon the battle between the grimm soon became underway but, little did they know they were about to get help from some unexpected visitors. 

Meanwhile back at Beacon Academy....(a few minutes before the breach.)

In the evening part of the day team JNPR was just now getting ready to head out to their assigned mission for the day. But as they were heading off to their bullhead Jaune was looking a little concerned. 

"Jaune are you okay?" Pyrrha asked.

"I... don't know Pyrrha." Jaune answered. "I just sort of have this feeling..."

"What feeling?" Pyrrha asked curious. 

"That something is going to happen." Jaune answered. 

"What sort of something?" The redhead asked.

"I can't describe it right now." Jaune said. "It sort of came to me when I was sleeping last night."

"Well, if anything does happen, we will be ready for it." Pyrrha reassured. Just then a big explosion in the distance was then heard going off. The team then looked to where the noise came from and saw it came from the city. Then the alarms then sounded telling the team that a grimm attack was happening in the middle of town. 

"That can't be good." Ren muttered.

"No, it can't be." Pyrrha added. "What do we do now?"

In was then Jaune remembered something from Nick.

Flashback...

The scene opens up to Jaune and Nick in the library discussing over team leader strategies. 

"Now Jaune, in order to be a good leader, one must take stock of the situation and see what he or she can do in order to handle the situation effectively." Nick says. 

"What kind of situations Nick?" Jaune asked. 

"Any kind of combat situation Jaune." Nick said. "Whether you're leading an army or a squad it is your decisions and smart thinking that will win the day."