𝖛. UNTRUSTFUL ALLIES

chapter five.
untrustful allies
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"BORAM?" The voice rang inside her ear, everything around her felt unsettling. She couldn't pin-point who that voice belonged to. It was too surreal. She scrutinized her pupils, but it was of no use, her vision being obscure.

It didn't help that the harrowing screeching of what was once Min-Ji, had wrenched into a monster. The infected girl could only trundge helplessly towards her nearest companion, silently pleading for her help.

"Stay away from me!" Na-Yeon backed away.

"Get away! Get away from me!" She repeated.

Min-Ji's body was shoved aside by the amount of force Na-Yeon had put into her kick, in an attempt to put a distance between the both of them. The poor girl was left trembling in fear. The small conscience in her head was dissipated as she held out her hand to Dae-Su, who only stared back conflictingly at the infected girl. Everyone watched as her body began twitching violently. Her sense of humanity was perished as she began flunging herself furiously onto Dae-Su, who immediately clutched her from her behind.

"Stop, Min-Ji! Snap out of it!" He held on tight to her as she, or what was left of her at least, only thrashed around his hold. Her horrid screams filled the air.

Boram watched soulessly at the situation in hand, her hands were palpitating from anxiety and the blood on her slightly creased white shoes had dripped down the tiled floor. She felt her body reeling backwards.

"Boram!" Suhyeok's voice snapped her shocked the terrified girl, her figure flinching slightly at the tone of his voice.

"You hear me?" He grabbed her face with both of his hands, noticing the girl's shakiness. Tenderly, he studied her feature as he examined into her pupils to ensure she wasn't going to collapse anytime soon.

He then looked up to everyone. "We have to get out!"

He clutched onto her hand and made his way to the barricaded door, the rest following suit.

"Let's go!" He began helping Na-Yeon, who was already throwing the furnitures to the side of the class, as he too began copying her actions.

"Cheong-San! Dae-Su! Gyeong-Su!" He called out the trio, who were the only ones left in class warding off those creatures as the rest had fled off. Dae-Su tossed Min-Ji to the ground and ran out in remorse.

"Hurry, guys!"

Cheong-San and Gyeong-Su moved the table towards the side, flunging Mr Kang in the process as the duo made their way out hastily. Suhyeok made sure to slam the door shut after, not wanting those creatures to pursue after the group.

"Hurry!" Boram pulled Suhyeok. The girl had noticed that he was far behind the group, her disquiet tone noticeable and Suhyeok had to conceal the grin on his face.

She does care. He thought

Regrettably his reverie was completely vanised as the group came to an abrupt halt.

"Oh no." Boram muttered.

More zombies were approaching, Na-Yeon fell back in shock. (un)Luckily, Suhyeok managed to save her in time as he quickly inteferred, having his grip on Boram released, much to his dismay. The athletic boy began fighting them off one by one while everyone watched, not knowning what to do.

"What are you guys doing?! Help him!" Boram yelled before running towards the zombies with full speed.

She began plunging the creature with full force into the wall, blood splashed everywhere. The sight was gnarly. She then turned her attention back to the others after managing to kick off a zombie coming near her and pushing it down to the already cracked window, it's horrifying screams followed after. Their perplexed faces were morphed to a look of determination as the group quickly began looking for equipments that could possibly defend them.