𝖝. DEBATE OF ACCUSATIONS

chapter ten.
debate of accusations
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST." Boram joked, although deep down, she was more than glad that Suhyeok was finally okay.

"The necklace." Suhyeok mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Boram asked dumbly, having heard his poor attempt at keeping his voice down.

"The necklace you're wearing." He repeated, more coherently this time, "I didn't realised you're still wearing it."

"Oh— I can just remove it, if you don't—" She stammered, fingers fiddling with the necklace only to have Suhyeok's hand stop her.

"No, I like it on you." He smiled.

"Would you close the damn window already?" Na-Yeon obnoxiously whined, her voice breaking the barrier between the both of them.

Boram broke her gaze towards Suhyeok as she scowled at the infuriating girl, not bothering to hide her discontent. Suhyeok could sense her annoyance and held her hand to pull her behind him, not wanting the girl to do something she might regret as she was always acting impulsively. The last thing he wanted was for the situation to escalate.

It was as if Boram could read his mind as she ripped his hold on her, "Can you stop doing that."

Suhyeok glowered, "Not until you learn how to control your emotions."

"Well maybe It's time you stop treating me like I'm a fucking mental patient." She sneered.

Suhyeok groaned, "Why are you always so angry? Even in a time like this, you can't even be rational about this." He pushed on.

"I don't want to have this conversation with you, now." She decided to put some distance, only to have her hand pulled back towards the persistent boy.

"Of course, you always run away when someone finally decided to call out on your shit." He scoffed.

"Are you really forgetting who ran first?" Boram provoked, regretting those words instantly as Suhyeok began to tighten his grip on her.

"I am not gonna be blamed for how you fall apart, for how you chose to live your life after we broke up. That was all on you." He always knew how to have the last hit.

"You know what I think? I think you're a fucking coward." She paused, "Because you think I'm stupid enough to believe that."

The tension grew thicker by the second, both of them refusing to back down each other's gaze. It didn't help that Gyeong-Su's voice broke out, the tension slowly worsening among the room.

"What's wrong with you?" He snapped, "Can't you see that Cheong-San's had just gotten in here?" Jumping off the table as he began storming his way towards her in anger, growing more frustated with every word.

"Is it a crime to want the windows close?" Na-Yeon defended, standing her ground.

"How can you be so selfish?" He retaliated.