06

❝ but just 'friends' don't look at each other like that ❞

"So, you like her?", Asher asked, rummaging through his fridge. Adonis nodded in reply, even though he couldn't see him.

"Yeah", he admitted to himself, knowing he couldn't take the words back. Onyx bounced in his seat sending him a toothy grin.

"I knew it, Addy. I knew it", Onyx exclaimed, reaching forward to grab the TV remote. Adonis sighed, leaning his head back against the couch. Asher joined them, sitting down with a plate of leftover lasagna Adonis had cooked from the night before.

Adonis stared at Asher as he dug into the plate without a second of hesitation. "What?!. I'm a growing boy," Asher replied defensively, rolling his eyes.

"Are you hungry ?," Adonis turned to Onyx who was too busy engrossed watching Bluey. Onyx shook his head, replying with a small 'thank you. Adonis nodded, checking that the front door was securely locked before he headed off to his bedroom.

"I'm working on my canvas in my room if you guys need anything", he called out behind his shoulder, waiting for a response.

"Uh-huh", Asher replied which was shortly followed by Onyx giggles.

Leon hadn't arrived yet, as he had to run a few errands for his mom, but he had a key so he would still be able to come in. Adonis sat down in his chair, leaning his canvas against the easel. He stood, softly playing music from his speakers.

Hours flew by, as he sat soaking in the strokes of his paintbrush and the melodious voice of Troye Sivan.

A familiar buzzing caught his attention. His phone lay on his bed, the screen flashing white. Who could be calling him?. He was shocked when he saw Thea's number flashing on the screen and he rushed to pick the call.

"Hey, darling", he spoke into the phone, frowning when he was met with silence. A voice mumbled in the background, so he increased the phone's volume, smiling when he was met with her beautiful voice.

"Hi", Thea replied, seconds after she froze when he had called her 'darling'. No one had called her that before she thought, her cheeks on fire. She remembered Adonis was still on the line and rushed to explain why she had called him.

"O-oh, um. I need help with calculus for our t-test on Monday and I w-was wondering whether you could help?", she rushed out, her mind whispering encouraging words to stop her from dying from embarrassment.

"Ember said you were coming top in the class?", she asked, unsure.

Adonis stared off into space in surprise. "Uh, s-sure", he stuttered, rubbing his palm into his forehead. Way to go, he thought. She probably thought he was stupid now.

Thea smiled at herself. "Okay, we'll start at 8. I'll bring food", she replied, ending the call. Thea did a little dance, in front of the mirror, before the horror kicked in. She brought her hand up to her mouth, gasping.

Oh. I guess I'll bring coffee. Adonis thought after she had ended the call.

I said I'd bring food. Thea smacked her forehead. "It's not a date Thea ", she whispered to herself, desperately trying to cool down her cheeks.

The following Monday Adonis stood in front of the library, two coffees in hand. Leon couldn't stop smirking at him since the night before when he had told him. Adonis looked around for any sign of her but came empty-handed.

Suddenly a red-faced Thea turned the corner, almost slipping on the tiles. She was wearing army green parachute pants and a cropped long-sleeve shirt paired with custom Air Forces. She was beautiful.