20

❝ you are my heaven on earth ❞
unknown 

Sunlight shone through the cracks in the window illuminating Thea's face. She was a goddess with shallow breaths leaving her mouth, lashes framing her heart-shaped face.

Placing a soft kiss on her neck Adonis arose heading to the bathroom. Light stubble had grown on his face and he frowned at his reflection, hands wrapping around his body. He reached for his shaver with a final huff, removing the stubble in short, downward strokes.

Hunched up over the sink he didn't realise when gut-wrenching sobs left him. He watched as they flowed away with the running water as if trying to escape.

Adonis held the sink tightly staring at himself in the mirror. He ran a hand through his hair tugging at the roots, welcoming the pain.

A knock came from the bathroom door and he gulped pulling the door open. Her hair was now pulled into a bun atop her head, soft wisps escaping the tie. Seeing the distressed look on his face she moved closer wrapping her hands around his naked waist.

"It's going to be okay", she whispered placing a kiss on his chest. The small action made him burst into more tears, wrapping his hands around her and lifting her off the floor.

"I-I", his voice cracked. "I miss them so much", he continued not removing his head from inside her neck.

She didn't respond but instead tightened her arms around his body telling him everything he needed to hear. She was here to stay.

"I'll run a bath for you baby".

At the pet name, Adonis removed his head from her neck. "Again".

Thea furrowed her eyebrows her hands reaching to smoothen the crease in his eyebrow. "Again?".

Adonis wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her closer to his body his hot breath fanning at her ear. "Say it again, baby". Blushing, she playfully smacked his chest interlinking their pinkies and leading them back into his room.

Walking into his room he was surprised when the bed was dressed and looked relatively cleaner than he left it the previous night.

"You didn't have to", he said placing a small kiss under her ear.

"I wanted to". He squeezed her hip in thanks before unwillingly detaching himself to prepare for the day.

"Thank you", Adonis responded to Asher's mother collecting Onyx from her arms.

"He was wonderful. Feel free to drop him off anytime". Oh, I sure will.

They departed with a final goodbye and walked back to the car. Thea and Onyx were busy analysing the latest Sonic movie, which he quoted as "the film of the century". The tenderness and care she held in her eyes made something blossom in his chest.

Opening the car door for Thea who was now bouncing Onyx in her arms he placed a swift kiss on her forehead gesturing for her to head into the driver's seat.

"You're letting me drive?", she asked a shy smile on her face.

"Unless you don't want to, sure", he bit back, sending her a cheeky smile. Thea rolled her eyes hopping into the car.

"I'm honoured".

"You should be, you're the only one I'm letting touch this". Since the car was gifted to him by his father he held it close to his heart and looked after it with utmost care. But he trusted her. He trusted her with his whole heart.