09

❝ more than a friendship less than a relationship ❞

Adonis dragged his fingers down her arm, relishing in the way goosebumps appeared on her skin. Thea shivered but still pressed herself closer into his warm chest. She didn't mind the contact. Adonis found a way to make her feel safe no matter how much her crippling anxiety would deny.

They had opted to continue watching Call Me by Your Name when he saw the video paused on Thea's TV.

Thea turned her head at the ending scene, trying to hide her tears from Adonis. Adonis sighed, lifting her head out of the crook of his arm, wiping the tears from under her eyes.

"It's okay", he whispered, blinking back his tears. Thea sighed, pushing her fly away hairs out of her face.

"It-t's j-j-ust so sad", her lips beginning to wobble from the oncoming tears. Thea sniffled accidentally wiping his tears on his white jumper. She pulled back afraid at her actions, trying to wipe away the wet stain.

"It's okay", Adonis chuckled, softly pulling her hands away from his chest. Thea blushed and moved back tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Adonis crossed his legs as she turned the TV off.

"So what now?", Thea asked joining him back on the bed. Adonis patted the space next to him, smiling when she shyly moved over.

"21 questions?", he asked and she nodded making herself more comfortable.

"I'll start".

"You did not!", Thea gasped clutching her stomach tears falling from her eyes due to her extreme laughter. Adonis laughed along with her, wondering how someone could be so ethereal.

"So what's the craziest thing you've done around yours?", Adonis asked, leaning against her headboard. They had been sharing stories of when they were younger, hers mostly revolving around her brothers; Ares and Artemis.

Adonis had just finished retelling the story of how he had dyed strands of his mother's hair pink while she was still asleep and how she didn't notice until she turned up to work and one of her co-workers had told her.

Remembering his parents also brought back memories of the inhumane way they had died. It almost bought tears to his eyes, but he had learned to cope with the loss of his parents and was now living happier than he ever thought he could. He was still allowed to miss them.

Thea froze, nervously looking around her room. "I-I, uhm", she mumbled, twisting the ring on her finger in shame. "Well, my parent's are never really around", Thea whispered the memories of what happened an hour ago rushing back to her.

Adonis sat up, placing a comforting hand on her back. "Hey. It's okay. Sometimes family aren't the ones we need to make memories with", he comforted her, rubbing his hands up and down her back. The touch was innocent, but that didn't stop the warmth that surged through his hand.

Thea nodded, unconsciously moving closer to him. Adonis moved back to where he was sitting against the headboard but now pulling her along with him. He set her between his open thighs, yet again, allowing her to lean her weight against him.

Thea blushed, making herself more comfortable. "So, uh, favourite Starbucks order?", she asked fixing her gaze on the anklet that was slightly peeking from underneath his socks. It was a silver pendant with small engravings on it. 

Adonis coughed trying to distract her once he noticed her gaze on his ankle. He wasn't ready to share that part of himself yet.

"I normally have Kaffeine", Adonis replied. Kaffeine wasn't a popular coffee joint in London, but it was fairly close to where he lived and the prices were more reasonable. Eco-friendly as well.