17

❝ Meeting you was like
listening to a song for the first time
and knowing it
would be my
favourite ❞

TW : Mentions of rape / sexual assault.

If you find the above themes triggering, kindly skip this chapter.

Thea slipped under the covers, Adonis immediately reaching for her, tucking his head into the warmth of her neck. "You make me happy", he whispered, pressing a small kiss to the open space of skin above her breast.

Thea blushed, automatically hugging him tighter to her chest. Adonis smiled, his teeth lightly grazing the skin above her chest. She suppressed the need to moan and squeezed her thighs, hands brushing against the hair at the base of his neck.

"Sorry".

"It's fine", she whispered, laughing when his hands slipped under her shirt to tickle her sides. She laughed, trying to move away from his grip, but he didn't budge flipping them over.

"Baby, I can't breathe", she laughed, thrashing on his bed. Adonis paused fighting the blush that grew on his cheeks.  Adonis smiled at her. She looked so happy, so content. Her hair lay around her like a halo, her bright smile glistening against the darkness of his room. She was ethereal. And all his.

"Thea, we should talk". Thea froze, instantly averting her eyes from him. He didn't want to end things, did he? Things that hadn't even begun. Thea gulped, sitting up to join him where he sat against the headboard.

She put on a shaky smile, digging her fingernails into her palm, a bad habit of hers. She didn't know what to expect.

Adonis sighed, running a hand through his hair. He wasn't sure where to begin. Never having to do this before, he was unsure where to start. But he was willing to for Thea. Anything for Thea. 

"I know I told you my parents died. But I want you to know the whole story." He ran a shaky hand through his hair, fidgeting with the rings on his fingers.

"My parents died two years ago amidst a crossfire at an event they went to. Asher's dad was there as well, but that's not my story to tell."

There was a pause.

"They were meeting with some of my father's partners. My mother didn't want to go but Dad urged her. He was always like that; a little too controlling at times, but she still loved him as he was".

"Our Nana; who died a few years ago, was told to look after us. I remember Mum joking around that night that if anything happened to us, she'd have to pay for it. But it wasn't us they should've been worried about".

His tears were unstoppable by now. They streamed down his face more fiercely than a waterfall, eyes were screwed shut in anger, fists clenched so hard Thea worried he was hurting himself.

She knew nothing she could say would make the pain less easy; so wiping his tears she pulled him into a hug. If she could take away all his pain she would do so without a hint of hesitation. "I'm here for you". He tightened his hands around her as a means of appreciation.

A slither of silence passed. Adonis continued.

"I remember Nana coming to tuck me in. She kissed my forehead just like Mum used to. She turned the lights off but left a lamp on for me. She always remembered I was afraid of the dark".

"The next time my lights came on, I remember Nana telling us they were in the hospital. They died before got there and we never got to say goodbye". His fists clenched at what his next words were going to be.