19

❝ you are enough, a thousand times enough ❞

triggering themes ahead ; mention of rape/sexual abuse!

────

Adonis wiped the last of the sweat off his forehead, throwing the t-shirt over his shoulder. Grabbing the water bottle Ares gave him he made his way to the door before his voice stopped him.

"Thanks by the way", Ares mumbled, rolling his eyes once he saw the smirk forming on Adonis' face.

"My pleasure", he nodded.

"She, uh, you make her happy." Ares paused shifting his gaze away from Adonis.

"I hope so". Adonis muttered turning away to hide the blush forming on his cheeks. Compose yourself, he thought to himself.

He made his way out, his cheeks stretching out into a grin so wide he was surprised himself. He made her happy.

Climbing the last set of stairs he made his way to Thea's room, knocking in case she wasn't decent. Her voice flowed through the door permitting him to enter and he gently pushed the door stepping into her room.

She smiled at him making grabby hands towards him.

Adonis approached her and reaching her lifted her into his arms his hands sliding to her waist. "I'm a bit sweaty", he mumbled pushing the loose hairs out of her face.

"I don't mind". The pair fell into a comfortable silence simply holding each other before Thea pulled away hands moving to his face.

She cupped his cheeks and leaned in her lips teasingly brushing against his. "Hi". Adonis's breath quickened, his Adam's apple bobbing with lust. He was unsure where the confidence came from but he was loving it.

"Hi", he mumbled a light blushing dusting his cheeks.

"You okay?", he asked turning to sit down still carrying her in his lap. Thea nodded her hands moving to play with the hair at the base of his nape.

"You need a haircut", she blurted wrinkling her nose. Adonis frowned moving to brush his nose against hers.

"I thought you wanted me to grow it out". Thea hummed and ran her hands through his hair untangling the knots.

"I did. But you should give it a small trim". Noticing the look on his face she quickly backtracked, her heart beating in nervousness. "Not if you want to, I mean it's your hair and you don't have to list-".

A finger on her lips stopped her, and she lifted her gaze to find Adonis staring at her with a small smile on his face, the twinkle in his eyes staring at her with so much adoration she thought her heart would burst from her chest.

"I'll trim it for you baby", he spoke his head moving to rest on her chest. "Your heart is beating really fast", he noted placing a small kiss above her breast.

"It is?".

"Mhm".

────

Leaving with a kiss on her lips that almost had Thea on her knees begging for more, Adonis begrudgingly left saying he had work to finish off at home.

Maddie insisted on Onyx staying the night so he'd gone to drop off some clothes for him with a promise that he'd be back to pick him up in the morning.

That brought him to his current situation where he stood in front of his mirror simply staring at his reflection.

A lot had changed in the past few months. He had grown taller, possibly nearing 6'4 and more tattoos littered his skin.