Anniversary 500 A.D.

Have you ever spent a millennium loving someone? Well since most of you are mortals, I suppose that's not possible. But let me tell you what it's like. It's consistent and messy and lovely; it's like having a partner who becomes completely predictable so that you're in perfect sync, but who you learn new things about every day and discover who you are together. You may think it would get boring or plain, losing all the passion and the romance over the centuries. But not with us. Everyday I wake up next to him, I'm entranced by his beauty, his sexy accent and his adorable eye smile. The way he looks at me still makes me blush and every time I'm in his arms I feel that sense of comfort and welcoming. When I look into his beautiful blue eyes, I melt. None of this has changed over the millennium. We still manage to surprise and woo each other. We still argue and tease and get jealous, but centuries together really improves your communication.

On the day of our millennium anniversary, I woke up in his arms, the familiar scent of a forest after a rainstorm filling my nostrils. I inhaled deeply, snuggling deeper into his neck, soaking up every inch of his sleeping form as I could. His arm was draped over my waist, his bare chest rising and falling steadily. His face was calm and peaceful, the barest trace of a smile on it. I trailed a finger over his toned abdomen, enjoying the moment of quiet before all the others were awake. I pressed my lips to his throat, leaving a trail of soft kisses up his jaw, leaving one final one on his nose.

He gave a delighted hum, the smile on his face spreading, his eyes remaining closed. "Good morning, darling. Sleep well?" he asked in a very husky, very hot, sleepy voice.

"I always sleep well next to you, my love," I replied, returning his smile. "Happy anniversary, Dru."

"Happy anniversary, Eri."

"Would you like breakfast in bed? I could go whip something up for us," I suggested, moving to get out of bed.

He pulled me back down, pinning me underneath him. "Or, we could start with dessert," he smirked, leaning down and kissing me lustfully.

"I like the way you think, mens moderatoris," I said breathily, deepening our kiss and taking dominance, letting my tongue roam his mouth. The satisfaction I got from hearing him moan was pure euphoria.

He moved his mouth to my neck, sucking and nipping at the skin, sending waves of pleasure through my body. I tangled my fingers in his hair, pressing him closer to me, wanting to indulge in his touch. More, more, MORE, MORE! "Fuck, Druig, I love you," I moaned.

He removed himself from my skin, making me whine at the loss of contact. He looked deeply into my eyes, the lust in his gaze replaced by something sweeter. "I love you, Ereida. And I always will. No matter what happens, I'll always come back to you."

"And I'll meet you halfway," was my automatic response. "Now make love to me, you beautiful brute."

After several rounds of hot anniversary sex, in which we took turns being giver and receiver (fucking amazing it was), we reluctantly clothed ourselves and went to have breakfast.

"I need coffee!" I declared, entering the kitchen to find Sprite, Kingo, and Makkari enjoying a quiet meal. "I have zero energy."

"I certainly worked up an appetite," Druig whispered in my ear, making me blush.

"You two know we can hear you, right?" Sprite grumbled. "I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast."

"Did you two get in a fist fight? Been in a forest with a bunch of mosquitoes?" Kingo asked.

"Maybe a fight with each other's mouths," Makkari signed, a knowing smile on her face. "And those are no bug bites, they're hickeys."

"Oh, gross, now I'm thinking about it," Sprite exclaimed, pushing her breakfast plate away in disgust.