PART 31

*Hey, thanks for supporting my works until now, just want to be grateful and spread my love to y'all! 😍

🌀

"He looked into my past huh."

Y/N mumbles under her breath while brushing the photo with her finger. Staring deeply at the face which she has been missing for during that certain day in every year. Guilty and resentment slowly to fill her, Y/N starts to think about a different ending if she got to arrive there in the nick of time. Maybe he will still staying by her side, with those blazing smile.

"Such a good present huh."

Her eyes become moist as she hold back the tears, trying to look strong in front of him. She's his Onne-Chan, she shouldn't look so weak.

Y/N pushes the things away from the table and put the photo on it. She crouches and put her arm on the table, lean her chin on it. She keeps staring at the photo with a small smile. Until a knock disturbs her.

*Knock Knock

"? Come in."

She replies without breaking her eyes from the photo.

A person enters the room and close the door behind him gently. Not wanting to distract the girl's attention to him.

"You alright Y/N?"

He puts his hands onto Y/N's head and concerned in a soft tone.

"Emm. Yeah."

The girl slightly nods and glances upwards. She then throws a smile to the boy who is staring anxiously at her.

"We're worried about you."

He had never seen Y/N being like that, they even didn't have a deep knowledge about her despite she knows them very well.

Jihyeok squirts beside her and peek at the photo.

".....Mind telling me this boy?"

He scratches his face nervously.

"...... You're interested?"

Jihyeok nods slightly with lips getting together. He peeks at the girl's expression, he is afraid he has crossed the line. He then make a relief as Y/N doesn't make any furious face but a smile.

"Sure."

She goofy smile.

~

"I thought of different life he could live on, but he didn't get to experience them. What if we never meet? Maybe he will still be alive, working hard in exam and got an excellent result."

"......"

Jihyeok lowers his head and staring downwards, not noticing Y/N is looking at him.

"You know."

The girl tilts her head.

"It's not your fault."

".......Yeah, thanks."

She makes a thin smile and gets up from the bed.

"I'm serious, Y/N."

Her hand pauses at the doorknob.

"I didn't say that just to make you feel good. It's just.... That's the fact."

She can feel the pressure and the weight in her heart has greatly decreasing. Maybe she has been waiting for someone to tell her this.

"I know. Thanks so much."

A charming smile decorated her face and she dashes towards Jihyeok. Jihyeok jolts when the girl hugs him. He pats her back softly and smile in relief. With the pat, the tears slightly flowing down from her face but she wipes them off, not wanting to let the boy knows.