5. straight out of Tartarus

Elliot Salvatore

They said that the loveliest face made the cruelest woman. I would have laughed if I hadn't come across such a fucking lady. She was so hauntingly beautiful, green eyes so soft behind those burning glares and when she held me that night it was as if I was the most delicate thing she knew and yet her touch felt more lethal than a gun to my head. And, now I had found myself being dragged down to hell by the neck.

The most dangerous mafia prince in a businessman suit, I might be. A con artist and a charming liar. But, Azrael Carmen played me for a fucking fool. She had looked at me in the eyes and got away with lying to me under a technicality. All witches were selfish and heartless.

She was my worst match straight out of Tartarus.

"A stripper my fucking ass. I'm the dumbest motherfucker on fucking earth." I cursed to myself, typing illegal codes on my trusty computer two weeks after I lost her the second time.

Another file floated on my screen and I clicked through her pictures, staring at her shiny blonde hair and hated how fucking perfect she looked. "And, you have the honor of playing the player, Janie sunshine."

"I would be pissed if I wasn't so fucking proud and definitely more fucking intrigued." I muttered under my breath. She might as well have just created a dangerous obsession.

Carmen was a name of old money. Her father created a legacy with his trust fund, building houses and selling everything that came with it for decades. The crazy motherfucker had risked everything for the corporation and it worked in his favor. And, now it was hers to play with. How I didn't know all these before was beyond me.

She had kept me in the dark, leaving me thinking she was a simple myth when she went around leaving blood trail behind her little heels in the business industry.

I tapped my fingers on the hardwood desk, staring her candid face. I bet my money on Azrael Carmen never looking less than perfect for a day in her life. It looked as if a paparazzo had caught her on the street outside a Chanel store on her shopping trip and yet she was picture ready. She was that well known and I never noticed her before.

Her harsh glare mocked me through the screen. I cursed myself, rubbing my jaw in frustration.

"Elliot Salvatore, you better not be plotting to steal that girl out of her home at dark. Or so help me God I will drop kick you so fast you can't even say the word mom." my mother strolled in the room, her posture so poised and strides so elegant you wouldn't see her gun coming in your face.

She was in my face barely two seconds later and then my precious keyboards was snatched away. She glared down at me as I slumped into my chair, pouting innocently at the world's most dangerous woman. Alana Salvatore was a force to be reckoned with and I adored her more than myself.

"This is your father's fault. Him and his stupid gene. It runs the family I swear to fucking God. Insufferable men." she huffed, shutting the whole thing down and I watched my hours of hacking blinked away before my eyes.

I sighed and slowly pulled my poor keyboard from her tight grip then placed it back on my desk. I spun my chair around and wrapped my arms around my mother's waist, hugging her close and placing my head on her stomach. A grin spread across my face when I felt her whole heart softened as she patted my head.

"You're going to give me more grey hair." She grumbled, tapping my hallow cheek. I almost chuckled but I knew better.

I tilted my head back and looked at her. "Does it occur to you that I might have a cute little harmless crush on the woman?" I squinted my eyes accusingly.