10. roses with thorns

Elliot Salvatore

There was something about death that calmed the rage inside my head. I looked more like myself with blood stained skin and gunpowder covered shirt.

Screams filled up the entire basement as my blade sliced through. I barely slit the thin line of his throat when I pulled the knife back with a grin, spinning it playfully between my fingers. He watched me with fear shaken eyes, probably praying he wouldn't have picked the wrong fight. Nobody ever learned. They fucked up and expected there would be no consequences.

Rule number one, there would always be consequences when it came down to this family, my loyalty and blood.

I thought while I thoroughly dipped the blade in acid. "This is getting boring." I huffed, turning back to the scaredy-cat.

Eden glanced from across the room, his gun pressed against a man who probably pissed off his wife like the one I was taking care of at the moment. My twin brother cocked an eyebrow at me and nonchalantly shot the bullet that sent the man flying back and down the ground with a loud thud.

"I fucking second that." he muttered with a scowl.

"This is practically your fucked up version of a fucking playground. What the fuck are you saying, Elliot? You're never bored." Nico scoffed from the wall he was leaning on.

I glared at my big brother. Fucker had been on a break for almost half an hour now while we were elbows deep in filthy blood. We had been here for fucking hours.

"Killing half of the royalty bloodline a day takes the fun out of it." I looked away from them, testing the tip of my blade on the side of the scaredy-cat torso.

I counted up his ribs and let the acid burned into his flesh until I reached where his heart was pumping blood. He inhaled a final sharp breath before a painful scream choked out blood from his mouth as I stabbed hard enough to tear out the heart. I watched his eyes stared soullessly into space and let the thrill seeped past my vein. A satisfied grin broke across my face then just as I dropped the dead organ on the ground.

I barely wiped the blade when another victim replaced the last. I looked at his face and sighed heavily. "For fuck's sake, Eden. How many people do you have? I'm fucking starving."

"I need a clean slate in order to never put my wife in that position ever again. I have to kill every last ones." my twin brother had never looked more distressed than right now that I took one looks at him and knew I would be here all fucking day if he needed me.

"Fine. But, let our men do some of the dirty work. Fuck knows you probably have the entire castle of dukes and dicks here." I grumbled but still pulled my gun out of the holster.

"Let's finish this." Nico finally pushed his ass from the wall and walked over. "We've been here for hours I can't barely remember what my wife looks like." he said with a scowl.

I shook my head with a laugh. He flashed me a warning glare like he heard me calling him whipped in my head. I raised my bloody hand up and flipped him off.

"Whipped." I mouthed like I had a death wish.

"Fuck you." he mouthed back.

"Shut the fuck up." Eden grumbled at us.

I loved my brothers.

My white shirt was discarded by the time we were down to the last few men. Sweat coated my forehead and the air was filled with metallic smelling blood. Unrecognizable corpses scattered across the floor. I tried to hold my gun in slippery grip because there was so much fucking blood I was covered in it from head to toes. I pressed the gun against his temple, digging my fingers into the open wound on his side. The bastard screamed in pain and it was nothing if not music to my ears. I grinned as I grabbed the back of his hair, tilting his head back.