21. enraptured my soul

Elliot Salvatore

Everyone had an obsession, mine happened to be a glaring green eyed monster with cursing mouth softer than cotton candy. It was utterly feral, possessive and overall dirty. I felt it down to the marrow of my bone. I tasted it with every breath I took.

Jane completely enraptured my soul and turned my icy blood boiling hot.

And, no one realized the length I would go to ensure she was with me. They didn't understand the fact that I would tear the world open and burn anything to the ground in her name if she just simply asked me to. Not a fucking clue.

Especially not my sworn enemy. The bastard might as well book a suite in hell when he decided to breath in the same air as her. It had taken about everything inside me to not bash his fucking skull in that fancy breakfast table.

Except I couldn't kill him. Not now anyways. My whole body shuddered with anger as it slit up my skin like a fucking razor. I dropped a dead body and stalked toward another man twice my size. I swung the barrel of my gun across his face, punching his jaw with my already bloodied knuckles. Fucker had a hard face. I cursed and dragged his swaying body back in a tight head lock. He barely had time to move when I replaced my gun with a sharp dagger to his throat.

"Boo." I taunted with an amused chuckle.

Realization and resignation flashed in his eyes when he looked at me. I almost laughed because they always chose this moment to figure out how royally they had fucked up. Too fucking bad I was never one to hand out a second chance and Jane wasn't here to hold me down now, was he? Typically speaking he was fucking dead.

His arms went slack as I stabbed the side of his neck, tilting his head up with my arm for better access. I felt the pointy end of my blade hitting his atlas. So, I twisted it sideway until we both heard a sick click of the bone. I slowly dragged the dagger across his neck. He dropped lifelessly to the ground and I barely felt better.

Pissed was understatement to describe the cold anger I currently held. So, I killed until I couldn't hear anything but their screams in my head. They never saw me coming. Bullets blazing and the sleek of my blade slicing through flesh. A grin tugged the corner of my mouth and my hands were sticky with blood. I walked inside the bloodbath that was once the Jacobs multi million drug business head quarter. The sight of their men laying dead on the floor only pleased me a little.

I pulled out a burner phone from my pocket and dialed Kayden's number. He answered at the third ring, his bloodshot eyes flashed on my screen. "Listen, man. I've got bad news." I greeted in a mocking serious tone.

"Your bitch lost her diamond collar?" He gritted his teeth. "New flash, I don't give a shit."

I chuckled dryly, rubbing my mouth before I realized my hand was still stained with blood. It smeared across my chin and down to my jaw. Kayden straightened up from his bed with alarm. I checked myself out on the screen before grinning at him like I was mad. "If Azrael lost her diamond anything, we would be out shopping right now."

"Call her names again and I will cut off your fucking tongue and shove it down the throat of every Jacobs exist." I warned and didn't wait for his response.

The camera flipped the other way and I gave him a tour of the result of his biggest mistake. His growls did nothing but seethed my bad mood. I spoke in a slow voice to make sure the message was delivered. "A ten million pounds check from your dirty bank account will be donated to the children hospital anonymously and all the drugs here will be gone in about five minutes."

"Don't fuck with my girl."

I cut off the call and pressed the button on the laptop I placed on top of my stack of dead corpses. They didn't have a fucking table around here. I watched the codes crawling furiously on screen before a green checkpoint lit up, informing me that my theft attempt was a success. A satisfied sigh left my throat as I dug my fingers into the back pocket of my pants and drew out a joint. I lighted it and took a slow drag. It had been a long fucking night.