15. a ballet prodigy

Elliot Salvatore

I would be lying if I said I didn't imagine her growing up in one of those haunted looking mansion isolated from the neighborhood. I expected dead trees and crawling dying vines all over. Gargoyles would be guarding the place and scaring people away. Her bedroom would be the one on top with broken window and when lightning struck her green eyed glare would flash through the cracked glass.

The she devil was the prettiest sight in my eyes all the same.

Now, I sat in my car and looked at the Carmen humble estate with keen amusement. Nothing was out of the ordinary of course. It was your typical old money brown stone mansion with a garden bigger than your community park. I, for the life of me couldn't imagine little Jane running around the place or swinging on that swing I tracked on the side of their house. She was probably playing with roses thorn or making other children cried.

My girlfriend would have cut off my balls if she heard my thought about her right now but I was slowly losing my mind over here. I was simply entertaining myself without having to spill blood.

Another ten minutes passed. The bodyguards in black suits were still there, doing nothing. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. My busted knuckles whitened from the force causing the skin to crack even more. They talked amongst themselves and to their ear pieces, glancing at my car from time to time. I drummed my fingers patiently and finally let my mind wandered away from her. I debated how to get away with the murder I was about to commit because I swore to my mother if I didn't go inside and see the blonde she devil with her Chanel purse in the next ten seconds, someone was going to be fucking dead.

One of the black suits walked over again and tapped on my window. I rolled it down halfway and leaned back. "Your name, sir." He asked. Like I haven't already told him for the fifteenth times.

I rubbed my jaw in annoyance but answered him anyways. "Elliot Salvatore."

He nodded his head and went away to his group. My patience thinned to a thread when they pulled out the name list again and started the routine all over. I applauded the security attempt they were taking after the death of that one bastard who was still fucking with me from the grave. I would be concerned if Vaughn Carmen didn't lock his daughter in tight. But, I had been rigid for 23 hours on a goddamn plane and if I had to wait a moment longer to see with my eyes that she was really okay, I was going to lose my shit.

"Fuck this." I cursed under my breath as I dropped my hand to the stick and lazily steered the wheel with another, slowly backing away from the gate.

I honked the car, alerting the suited slow pokes to go away. My mouth curled up in a grin as I hit the gas petal. The engines roared inside my ears and the car accelerated fast forward. My body crashed back against the driver seat. I watched the odometer hit 100 to 120. Adrenaline surged through my vein and cold air plastered against my cheekbones through the half opened window. I grinned harder when the car crashed into the gate in a satisfying bang.

I lunged forward and gripped the wheel tighter, trying not to bash my own skull in. Red siren blared as half of the metal gate flew through the air and crashed into the white fountain in the middle of the driveway. An amused chuckle escaped my throat at the scene. She was going to be fucking pissed. I thought as I reversed the car before I gently stomped the gas petal this time and drove carefully inside.

The bodyguards freaked out behind me and started shouting at each other. I ran a hand through my hair, trying to look presentable as the Carmens and the evil step mother daughter duo bursted through their front door. Rounding, the ruined grand center piece of their home I glanced around and decided to park near where they were standing. The engines groaned to a stop as I grabbed the door handle and got out. I tried not to grin and focused on adjusting my cuff links. Had to make a great second impression.