7

Taehyung and Jungkook tore through wrapping paper on Christmas day while Seokjin and Yoongi watched on with smiles, Seokjin's phone in hand as he filmed the scene. Jimin sat off to the side in a chair, feet tucked under him and his head resting on his hand. "Aren't they amazing?!" Seokjin asks excitedly as the two pups finally get to their new toys, only for his smile to falter when they promptly dumped the very expensive gifts on the floor. "Or you don't like it, that's okay."

"Look at this big box, Kookie!" Taehyung shouted gleefully, carrying the box his toy robot had come in over to his little brother.

"But..." Yoongi said weakly. "It walks and talks."

Jungkook picked up his much smaller box and placed it on his head. "It can be my helmet!"

"What about the presents?" Seokjin asked quietly.

"I would've gone crazy if I got a robot." Yoongi whispered as they watched the pups play with their boxes. "I'm playing with my robot."

The two pups continued to ignore the adults. "This can be my spaceship!" Taehyung announced.

"Can I go inside?!" Taehyung nodded and Jungkook promptly climbed inside the box.

Yoongi clapped his hands and approached the pups. "You really like cardboard boxes, don't you?" Taehyung glanced up at the alpha while Jungkook grabbed his 'helmet' and placed it back on top of his head, covering his face. "Is anyone interested in playing with the big dollhouse that took three hours to build?"

Jungkook popped with wide eyes. "Did it come in a big box?!"

The alpha blinked. "Yeah, it came in a big 242,000 won box.

The two pups shared a look before falling over themselves to rush out of the room. "Let's go get the box!"

"Let's go get the box." Yoongi agreed not quite as excitedly.

As they disappeared, Seokjin lowered his phone, looking at Jimin who seemed extremely board. "Here, Jimin," he picked up an untouched box that was still resting under the tree. "This one's for you."

Jimin gave the omega a tiny smile as he accepted the box. "You know you didn't have to get all this stuff for us."

"I know, but we wanted to." Seokjin smiled sheepishly. "We got excited; did we go overboard?"

"No, no, no," Jimin's eyes widened the tiniest bit. "I'm sorry, I'm happy, I really am...It's nice to see Jungkook and Taehyung get presents that weren't donated from total strangers..."

Seokjin watched as Jimin ran a hand through his hair and looked down at the still unopened box in his lap. "Hey, Jimin, if you ever want to talk about anything, I know it's Christmas and you may have memories and things-"

Jimin shook his head. "No, no, no, I'm fine." Jimin placed the unopened box and the other presents the couple had gifted him on the coffee table. "I just haven't had my morning coffee yet. I'm gonna go get that." Jimin walked past Seokjin, also offering to grab him some from the kitchen.

Jungkook looked around the dinner table in confusion as everyone began to eat. "Where's my honey twists?"

"We're not having honey twists tonight, Kookie." Yoongi explained in a soft voice.

"I want my honey twists." Jungkook demanded.

"Jungkook," Jimin said in a warning tone.

Seokjin held his hand up to tell the teenager they had this. "Yoongi and I worked really hard on this dinner." Seokjin said gently to the pup. "There's lots of yummy food to eat-" He was cut off by Jungkook screaming.

"Jungkook, you will eat the food the food they made for you-" Jungkook reached over and slapped Jimin's arm in frustration.

"Jimin, please, we got this."

Jimin looked up at Seokjin in a mixture of confusion and frustration. "Why are you yelling at me? I'm just trying to help you!"

"I'm not yelling!" Seokjin said, with a slightly raised voice that completely counteracted his statement. "Look, everything's fine, we got this."

Jimin shrugged. "Fine,"

Seokjin turned back to Jungkook with a soft smile despite the fact that the pup was glaring at him like he was trying to curse his entire family. "Look, why don't we try this jajangmyeon-"

Jungkook smacked the chopsticks out of the omega's hand. "I WANT MY HONEY TWISTS!"

"I don't think he's on board with the plan." Yoongi commented as Jungkook began throwing the food on his plate across the room, still demanding his favorite snack. "Are you sure you don't want to give him the honey twists?"

Seokjin looked at his mate incredulously. "No, we are not giving him the honey twists!"

Jungkook screamed the loudest high-pitched scream the couple had ever heard, the sound causing Taehyung to jump and knock his glass of milk off the table. The glass shattered upon impact and the pup immediately looked at Yoongi with tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-"
"No, no, it's okay!" Yoongi assured him while Seokjin went over to check on him.

"Keep your feet up, we don't want the glass to cut you."

During all of that, Jungkook climbed out of his chair and walked over to the counter where a bag of honey twists lay, bringing it back to his seat. Seokjin saw and reached over to take the snack back, causing Jungkook to scream again as they got into somewhat of a tug of war over the bag.

Jimin watched the fiasco in amusement, slowly taking bites of his dinner. "This is really good kimchi."

While Yoongi was trying to clean up the glass and spilled milk, he accidentally bumped the table, causing the decorative candle in the center to fall and roll over to the napkin stand, the paper napkins immediately catching on fire. "Holy shit!"

"Put it out!"

Seokjin grabbed a glass of water and poured it on the fire, extinguishing it before it could spread further. They only got a moment of piece before they heard a low growling. "What's that noise?" Yoongi asked before looking over at Jungkook to see the pup still glaring at them, a series of growls rumbling in his chest with a SpongeBob training knife clutched in his fist. "This wasn't in the training."

"Kookie, sweetie, just put the knife down." Seokjin tried to coax the pup.

"You want me to step in or do you still got this?" Jimin asked before taking another bite of his dinner.

"Can we let him step in?" Yoongi asked, legitimately worried about what Jungkook might do to them with the way he was giving them a death stare.

Seokjin sighed. "Alright, fine, go ahead."

Jimin climbed out of his chair and crouched down next to his little brother, yanking the knife out of his hand before whispering something in his ear. Whatever it was Jimin said must have worked, because the pup's features relaxed instantaneously, and he put his hand in Jimin's. Jimin stood up, also holding a hand out for Taehyung to take before leading the two out of the kitchen.

"You gotta learn how to do that." Yoongi said, breathing out in relief now that the catastrophe was over before turning to his mate. "Why would you give a pup milk in a glass cup?!"

"I'm sorry, I-"

Seokjin was cut off by Jungkook's voice ringing in from the bedroom. "Why did he do that?! I hate him!"

"Well," Seokjin quipped, looking at Yoongi, "it didn't take long for them to hate us."

Yoongi bit his lip before responding. "I believe that hate is directed towards you." Seokjin glared at his mate who just leaned forward to press a kiss to his cheek.