Part 14 - Thank you

The job goes by with nothing out of the ordinary, it was literally just restocking the gift shop shelves.
A few people came in, and you had to assist them, but it wasn't bad. Compared to El Chip's, anyway.
"Alright, boys." You walk over to your brother and Gregory, who seem to have gotten along very well.
"It's time for me to go check up on the animatronics backstage, then we can get out of here, [B/N]. Gregory, you should go find your parents." You smile.
[B/N] frowns, and looks at Gregory.
"You'll be back tomorrow, right?" He asks.
"I mean.. maybe." Gregory mumbles.
You sigh.
"Well, you guys can hang out until Gregory wants to go to his parents, or whoever brought him here." You wave at them tiredly. "Unless you guys want to come with me backstage." You laugh at the thought.
The boss would kill you if you let two kids backstage.
"That'd be awesome!" Gregory shouts.
"They're being sarcastic." Your brother sighs.
You smile, and wave at them as you leave.
On your way down, you notice Achilles and Genesis talking at the door.
"Hey, you two. Are you leaving?" You ask them.
"Sure am. I'm going to check up on Axel before I go home though." Achilles replies.
"I'm leaving too. But I have to go to my sister's house before I go home. She's Axel's neighbor, so that's why I'm leaving at the same time as Achilles." Genesis explains.
You smile.
"Okay, good luck, you two! See you tomorrow!" You wave goodbye, making your way to the backstage door.
You shiver.
You don't know if the animatronics will be activated or not, but the thought of standing in a room full of animatronics alone is terrifying.
Who knows when they could malfunction?
You grab the door handle, and walk in.
To your disappointment, they were all active, and it looked like they were in the middle of a conversation.
You laugh awkwardly, "Ehe.. Hey... You guys."
"Hey, it's that new guard." Monty points out.
"Yeah, we can see that. We have eyes." Roxy retorts.
"Hello, Guard! It's nice to see you again!" Chica waves.
"Officer [Y/N], what are you doing here?" Freddy asks you.
"Well, my last job of the day is to check up on you all and see if anything is up." You look at your watch. "I'm here until 12:00."
"An entire hour? It won't take that long." Roxy questions.
You shrug, "That's what it says on my schedule."
Monty scoffs.
"Well that's lovely! More time to spend together, right?" Chica hugs you.
You were startled by this, and a little grossed out, because she smelled like trash, but then tried to calm down and realize her intentions were not to harm you.
She lets go, and you smile nervously.
"Thanks, Chica. You're right."
You clear your throat.
"Soo... What exactly am I supposed to do?"
Monty laughs.
"You're a laugh, Guard!"
You look at him, genuinely confused.
Roxanne slaps him on the arm, resulting in a loud CLANK!
"Monty, don't be a jerk!" She scolds.
The Gator growls, rubbing his arm where she hit him.
You wonder if the animatronics can feel pain.
"We understand that you are new, Officer [Y/N]. We will try our best to help you." Freddy smiles, making you grin.
"So, you look at our reports, over there," He points at a table with a clipboard on it, "And anything that is out of the ordinary needs to be checked."
You raise a brow.
"Wouldn't Parts and Service be a better environment for that?" You ask.
"Well, you check the clipboard and determine if you need to rearrange parts, etcetera. You only take us to Parts and Service if the problem is bad enough." He explains.
You nod, walking over and checking the clipboard.
"So, there's two of you new guards, right?" Monty asks.
"Yup." You respond, looking at Freddy's list.
"Who was that little boy walking around with you?"
"My brother, [B/N]."
Looks like Freddy's chest cavity has been acting up.
You run through your head if that's a parts and service issue or not.
"Alright, but he's not a guard, obviously. He's too young. Why is he here?"
"Didn't have anywhere to put him so the boss let him stay with us on our shifts. Hey, do you guys think a weird chest cavity malfunction would be a parts and service thing?" You ask the robots.
Chica hums.
"That depends on how bad it is. Which of us has it?" Roxanne asks.
"Freddy does." You point at the bear with your thumb, still focused on the paper.
"You're just going to ignore me? I wasn't done asking you questions." Monty pipes up.
You laugh nervously. "Sorry, Montgomery. Continue?"
You flip to Chica's page.
Looks like she has had tons of complaints about smelling bad.
Your blood runs cold, making you think about the first location you visited as a child.
The news said that the animatronics had a bad smell coming from them, and then right after, they found the corpses of children inside.
"Guard? Hello?" Roxanne taps you on the shoulder, making you jump back into reality.
"Sorry! Sorry, uh, Montgomery, you were saying?"
The gator rolls his eyes, obviously very irritated.
"I said, who's that girl with you, and why is she so scared of me? She wouldn't even come near me when she was monitoring my Golf Course!" He complains.
You immediately think of [S/N].
She is terrified of Montgomery, with good reason, of course.
"Pfft, you mean [S/N]? I think she might be scared of your teeth." You smile, seeing that Roxanne had a mess in her hair, and Montgomery's tail wasn't moving properly.
The gator sighs.
"All the time.." He mumbles.
"Alright, Chica, Roxanne, and maybe Montgomery can stay in here, but I think I'll have to take Freddy to Parts and Service." You explain.
"Well, what's wrong with us?" Chica asks.
"According to the paper, Chica smells like sh... uh... She smells bad. Roxanne's hair is a mess, and Montgomery's tail isn't moving properly."
You hum.
"I might have to take Montgomery to Parts and Service as well if it's too bad."
"I smell bad? Bwak..." Chica frowns.
"I'm.. not sure what could cause that..." You shiver again.
"Probably all of that trash she eats!" Monty exclaims.
"You guys can EAT??"
"Yeah, we're just built really advanced." Roxanne tells you. "If I didn't know any better, I'd call us humans trapped in robot bodies!" She chuckles, but you didn't find that funny.
At all.
You cleared your throat.
"Alright, I'm gonna send you boys down to Parts and Service, okay?" You speak to Freddy and Montgomery. "You mind heading down there now? I'll be there in a bit."
"Of course, Officer!" Freddy agrees happily.
Montgomery mumbles something under his breath.
But then you realize,
You have no clue where Parts and Service is.
"Hey, Freddy!" You call, since he was the last one out of the door.
He peeks his head back in.
"Yes?"
"Can you stay? I need help finding Parts and Service when we head that way."
"Of course. I'm happy to help." He walks back into the room.
"Fred, you comin'?" Montgomery also peeks back into the room.
"Go on, Monty, I will stay here and help the Guard find their way to Parts and Services."
Monty shrugs, and walks away.
"What's his deal?" You whisper.
"Monty's always like that. Don't worry, it's not personal." Roxanne explains.
You nod, looking at the clipboard again.
"Alright, Roxanne, let's start with you." You smile at the wolf.
She smiles back.
You motion at her to turn around and sit down so that she's within your reach.
You sort through her hair, noticing tangles and candy stuck in it.
You cringe.
If she saw this, she'd freak out.
"It's.. not THAT bad..." You tell her.
Her ear twitches.
You clear your throat, and start to detangle and remove the candy.
At one point, when pulling a lollipop out of her hair, she jerks and growls, making you jump.
"I-I'm sorry! Did I hurt you? Are you okay?" You ask frantically.
"I'm fine." She replies.
The thoughts fill your brain again.
Can the animatronics... feel pain? Can they even feel? Why did she jump like that?
Finally, you manage to get her hair fixed, and she stands up, looking at her reflection.
"I look gorgeous, as always. Great job, Guard." She puts a hand on her hip and smiles at you.
"No problem Roxanne!" You grin.
"Call me Roxy."
"..No problem, Roxy!"
She chuckles.
"Alright, Chica, let's see what's up with you." You grin nervously.
The chicken walks to you.
You stare up at her, terrified to open her hatch.
Freddy leans down and whispers to you.
"To open her hatch, press the button underneath her chest plate."
"Thanks Freddy..." You smile at the big bear.
He smiles back, standing back up to his full height.
You once again devote your attention to Chica.
What will happen if you open this hatch and there is a dead kid in there?
Would the animatronics know how to react?
Do they know about it now?
Will they kill you?
...
You shake the thoughts out of your head, realizing you probably look like an idiot.
You shakily press the button under her chestplate, which opens her hatch.
.....
Monty was right. It was literally garbage.
...
"Chica, why do you have trash in your stomach hatch?" You ask, relieved but also a little irritated.
She looks down shamefully.
"Bwak! I uh... Get hungry easily..." If she could blush while saying this, she would.
Hungry? She's a robot!
"Will one of you two please get a trash bag? And maybe some gloves? I have to get this out of here." You sigh, looking at Freddy and Roxanne.
"Hm... There are no trash bags, nor gloves here..." Freddy says.
"You could use the trash can in the corner." Roxanne points out.
"Oh.. I... forgot about that." Freddy says, looking at the ground.
You found that a little adorable, honestly.
"Okay, so I can throw the trash in the trash, but I'll have to use my hands.." You sigh, and Roxy brings the can over to you.
"Good luck." She smiles at you.
You look back at the garbage pile and groan.
You reluctantly reach your hand into the hatch, and grab a handful of garbage, tossing it into the bin next to you.
You still had a good amount of slime and liquids on your hands, though.
You gag.
"[Y-Y/N]! Are you okay!?" Chica exclaims.
"Officer [Y/N], you are not about to puke, are you? Do you feel sick?" Freddy worriedly puts a hand on your shoulder, and Roxanne backs away.
Most likely to protect herself from the garbage and the vomit.
You're startled at the animatronics' quick reactions to you gagging, but then you realize they're probably programmed to assist someone if they show any signs of being sick.
"I'm fine, just a little grossed out."
"...Do you want me to do this for you?" Freddy asks.
"No! No, that'll just get you dirty. I'm fine." You say, grabbing more garbage, and tossing it away.
You get the rest of the trash out, and the inside of Chica is left with grime and liquid all over the place.
You sigh.
"Hey, do you think you can go all night like that? I'll clean you tomorrow." You look at Chica.
"Whatever works for you, [Y/N]! Bwak!" She smiles down at you.
You return the gesture, and turn to Freddy.
"Alright, big guy." You smile up at him, "We should get to Parts and Services. Montgomery is probably wondering where we are."
Freddy nods.
"I do want to stop at the restroom and wash this off of my hands though." You cringe at the grime on your hands.
"Of course, Officer [Y/N]."
You turn back to Roxy and Chica.
"I'll see you girls tomorrow!" You smile.
"See ya, Guard."
"Bye, [Y/N]!~"
You and Freddy walk out of the room, towards the nearest restroom.
He stops at the door.
"I will wait out here. It would be inappropriate of me to enter the restroom while someone is occupying it."
You chuckle, and walk into the door.
When you get inside, you notice your sister at the sink.
She's standing there, head in hands.
"[S/N]? Are you okay?" You ask.
She lifts her head up and looks towards you.
"[Y/N]! Ew, what's on your hands?" She points at your hands with a disgusted face.
"Long story." You sigh, turning on the faucet, and washing away all of the nastiness.
"Why are you in here?" You ask her.
"Also a long story." She laughs breathlessly.
After you get all of the grime off of your hands, you look at her.
"Freddy is waiting outside for me. Do you want to talk about this now, or in the car? Or.. when we get home?" You ask slowly.
"I'll tell you at home. Go do your job so we can get out of here."
You nod, walking out of the bathroom, back to the bear that was waiting for you.
"Hello, Officer [Y/N]! I am glad to see you all cleaned up." He says happily.
You smile.
"Thanks, papa bear. Alright, show me to Parts and Service."
His ears twitch, and he makes his way to Parts and Service.
This required you to go down the main stage lift, into a creepy basement looking area.
He leads you forward until you reach two double doors, a large dirty window on each side next to each door.
This place really needs to be cleaned.
As you open the door, you notice Montgomery leaning against the wall of a... cylinder room?
It looks like something off of Dexter's Lab.
You furrow your brows, but then Freddy speaks up as he walks forward.
"That is the protective cylinder. It is where we animatronics get our repairs done."
As you get closer, Montgomery looks over at you.
"Took your sweet time." He says.
You laugh nervously.
"Alright, Montgomery. I think I'll take a look at you first, since it sound a little less... mechanical.." You say, eyeing the machinery in the dome.
He grumbles, something about getting it over with, and walks over to you.
"I'll check it out here, and if it's too bad, we'll head into the dome. Okay?" You try to be friendly.
"Sounds good." He shrugs.
You motion at him to turn around, and he obeys.
You kneel down to check his tail, but you don't see anything on the exterior.
You bite your bottom lip, running your hands along the tail, searching for anything out of the ordinary.
"I don't see anything, can you move your tail for me?" You request.
He does so without a word, surprisingly.
Sure enough, it moves jerkily, and makes creaking noises.
You sigh, realizing this might be an inside problem.
"Alright, I know nothing about this stuff, but I'll try anyway."
You lean on the desk, looking at the old computer.
You click on Montgomery Gator's file, and all of his problems in the past and present are listed.
Some with check marks and folders next to them.
You scroll down.
Montgomery Gator: Tail not moving properly.
This has no check next to it.
You click the file.
Montgomery's tail isn't moving properly. It creaks whenever it moves even the slightest amount, and it doesn't run smoothly. Seriously needs to be checked out. I've told him to try and not move his tail too much, but he won't listen to me. Stubborn robot. - V
You hum, noticing Monty already in the protective dome, sitting on the table.
"Freddy, how do I do this?" You ask worriedly.
"Just press the 'Begin' option on the computer, and the HandUnit should know what to do."
"You guys are that advanced here?"
"The HandUnit is always watching."
You laugh nervously, and put your hand on the mouse, running the cursor to the Begin option.
As soon as you press it, a voice speaks loudly.
"Beginning Montgomery Gator tail repair."
"Damn..." You mutter.
"You may now enter the protective cylinder."
You nod at Freddy, walking into the protective cylinder, standing next to Monty.
"Great. Continue with examination. Begin by turning Monty onto his stomach."
You look at the gator, and he looks at you.
"Can you-" "Of course I can do it." He stands up, and lays back down. Except this time, he's on his stomach.
He's in a.. very uncomfortable and awkward position. With his lower half down straight, and his upper half slanted upwards.
You giggle.
"M-Montgomer- heh... Montgomery, do you want me to lower the chair?" You ask, not being able to not at least laugh once during your sentence.
He averts his eyes and growls, sitting up.
"Yes..."
You chuckle, and lower the chair so that it looks more like a table.
He lays back down, now on his stomach, as instructed.
"Great! To remove Monty's tail plates, please press the button right above his belt."
You look at his belt, and sure enough, there's a small button right above it.
You press it, and the plates spring open, scaring you a bit.
You notice colored wires and buttons inside.
You laugh nervously, again.
"Great. Please check for any physical interruptions that may cause Monty's tail to not move properly. If there are no physical interruptions, you will have to replace the tail endoskeleton."
You check the tail, running your hands along the endoskeleton and wires, moving them out of the way.
"I don't see anything.." You mutter.
"Well that's perfect. You're not a mechanic, are you?"
"No.. I just started today, Montgomery." You respond.
He growls.
"Um, what time is it?"
"12:04pm." He responds almost immediately.
"Okay... So the night guards should be showing up, right?"
"Yeah."
"Let me call Ledger. He's been here for a while, so he should know what to do."
"You mean Jelly? He walks around a lot." The gator chuckles, "First day here, I caught him lost in one of the maintenance tunnels. He got scared, but he thought it was cool that our teeth looked similar."
You smile.
"That's sweet. You have a soft side, don't you?"
He looks back at you.
"No I don't. I'm made of pure metal." He laughs loudly at his own joke.
You roll your eyes, bringing your phone out, and calling Ledger's contact.
Ring...
Ring...
"Hello?"
"Ledger! Hey!"
"[Y/N]? Why are you calling? Is something wrong?"
"No! Well, kind of. Where are you right now?"
"Pulling into the Pizzaplex parking lot, why?... Is that your car? Are you still there?"
"Yep. I'm working on Montgomery in Parts and Service right now, and I was wondering if you could take over? I have no idea how to work this thing, and Freddy needs some work done too. It's super late as well, and it's getting kind of scary in here." You laugh.
He laughs too, "Sure, I'll be right down there. Go ahead and leave if you want."
"Thank you, Ledger. It means a lot."
"No problem." You can hear his smile on the other side of the phone.
You hang up, and put your phone away.
"Good news, Ledger is on his way. I'll be leaving now." You say to the robots.
Monty sits upright.
"Oh, what a shame. You will be back again tomorrow, right?" Freddy asks.
"Of course! Duh, this is my job." You say.
That was obvious. Why would he ask that?
You can hear Monty mumble something under his breath again, but it's practically impossible to hear it, so you forget it.
You make your way back up to the lobby to look for your siblings, and on your way there, you see a familiar face.
"[Y/N]?! What are you doing here?"
"Vanessa! Sorry, didn't see you there." You smile. "I got caught up in work, so I ended up staying a little later. But I'm leaving right now."
"Oh, I see. Well, the door is blocked off right now to prevent any people from coming in, but I can open that for you."
You smile. "Thanks, Vanessa. But I have to go find my siblings first."
She nods. "Alright, I'll be waiting here."
You wave at her, and begin your search.
You walk away, and when you get far enough from Vanessa, you pull your phone out, and call your sister.
It rings for a little bit, before she answers.
"Hello?"
"[S/N]! It's me, you ready to leave?"
"Am I? I'm ready to get the hell out of here!"
You laugh.
"Okay. Meet at the lobby. I'll call [B/N] as well."
She agrees, and you hang up the phone.
When you said you'd call your brother, you were just hoping he brung his phone with him. You had no idea, and he didn't mention it.
You call his contact in your phone.
It rings for a while.
Ring...
Ring...
Ring...
...
"[Y/N]?" Your brother's voice answers through the phone.
You sigh.
"Hey, can you head to the lobby? We're leaving."
"Sure. On my way. By the way, have you seen Gregory? He just sort of disappeared when I used the bathroom..."
"I haven't. He must've went home." You shrug.
[B/N] sighs, and hangs up.
"Well that was rude." You say, putting your phone into your pocket.
You wait silently in the lobby for your siblings to arrive.

When I said expect another chapter I didn't mean at 10pm again wtf why does this keep happening
And no it's not time for the killer robots yet just be patient there's more lore