Chapter 4

Y/n's POV:

When I walk up to the owlery I spot Fred who's already up there, he's wearing a winter coat with woolly hat.

I go to make a comment but I stop myself and decide to ignore his presence, finding an owl.

" are you stalking me princess?" He asks and I roll my eyes, I should have made a comment when I had the chance.

" as if" I respond turning to him, his letter is in his hand and not even in an envelope yet, he sees me glance at it and walks over to hand it to me.

" take a read"

' Hi Mum, sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it slipped my mind, yes of course I remember, I remember complaining every two seconds about her opinions that she wouldn't and hasn't stopped sharing. She's well, still getting O's in everything, I think she came out with like 10 or more OWLS. She says hello.
Love Fred'

I hand his letter back to him.

" as sweet as ever" I say while doing so.

" you're turn to show me yours" he says reaching for my letter.

" no" I say moving back away from him but I slip and fall back, he takes this opportunity to grab my letter instead of helping me up.

Fred's POV:

" Fred don't you dare read that!" She demands.

" why? Who's it to? Adrian's parents?" I tease.

" give it back!" She says protectively, chasing me around in circles in the short space but I'm already reading and her reflexes aren't as quick.

' To Dad,
I'm sorry that you've found out I only got 85% on my defence against the dark arts OWL, I know you're angry with me for not getting 100 but it was really difficult. I'm not using Mum as an excuse, but she always used to tell me to put all my effort into the subjects I enjoy the most and in all honesty, defence against the dark arts isn't my favourite. Also I'm staying at Hogwarts for the Christmas, and you probably won't respond to this, so I'll see you in the summer.
- From y/n'

My face falls as I read her letter and she takes my moment of weakness to snatch it out of my hands that it gives me a fright.

" you're an absolute jerk!" She says, she looks furious, I want to apologise but I don't, y/n and I don't exactly have those soft, sympathetic moments...

Flashback to third year:

" 89%?! That's terrible!" Y/n exclaims in potions class, right next to me in my eardrum since we are sadly sat next to each other.

" attention seeker, I got 50!" I say but she doesn't hear me, she stares blank at her test result that I take it out of her hand.

" 89%?! Oh no! I'm going to die! It's the end of the world!" I say mocking her, doing the same actions she does where she clutches the paper in her hands, a few people hear and laugh at my impression.

" go to hell Weasley" she says yanking her paper back from me, she looks upset.

" take a joke y/n" I say lightly pulling the back of her ponytail to wind her up.

And it works because she forcefully pushes my arm away.

" easy!" I say holding my hands up at her aggressive touch.

" stop making fun of me!" She says stressed like she's about to cry, I stare at her blank, confused by this female reaction, hormones...

" I'm not making fun of you"