Chapter 5

Y/n's POV:

It's windy outside and it was the wrong decision to leave my hair down because by the time Fred and I have reached the 3 broomsticks, my hair is wind swept and is blocking my sight, Fred laughs at me while we wait in the queue.

" no here" he laughs at me as I try part my hair but I've crossed some hairs in the wrong direction as he fixes it for me.

" no let go" I say moving his hands away not trusting him.

" that bit doesn't go that way y/n" he chuckles, pushing my hands down and doing it for me.

" you better not be sabotaging me Weasley"

" as if I'd ever do that to my fake girlfriend" he says quietly but I hear.

" two butterbeers please" he asks the woman and we stand and wait.

" technically I'm not your fake girlfriend yet, you haven't asked me out" I say and he's not looking at me but I see him grin.

" playing it that way, are we?" He asks.

When Madam Rosmerta holds out our drinks I reach in my pockets for my money but Fred stops me and pays for them both.

" thanks" I mumble, I think we must insult each other so much that it feels strange to even use expected, polite manners to each other because he doesn't say your welcome.

It's busy as normal but there's a small table in the corner of the shop, we go there since it's the furthest away and we sit next each other as we face the outside window.

" here I wanted to show you this" Fred says to me passing me an open envelope with a letter which I assume is from Molly.

' To my Fred,
I'm so happy to hear you and y/n are doing well! She's so lovely Fred, a perfect match for you! I can't wait to see her again, I will be coming to watch the triwizard tournament but I don't think I can wait until then! Dumbledore says I'm welcome to visit as long as I like so I might come down early! Can't wait to see yous both! Take care, see yous soon,
Love mum xxx'

" soon? How soon is soon?" I ask worried.

Fred shrugs, " could be tomorrow, could even be today" he says so calm.

" okay, then we've got to go over some rules" I say.

" rules?" He asks.

" yes" I say seriously, he tilts his head at me like he's intrigued.

" do continue" he says taking a sip of his butterbeer.

" well, I don't want you being intimate with me, no kissing or anything like that" I say and he looks at me like he disproves.

" how is my mum meant to fall for this if you're not going to let me touch you? I've got to be able to hug you and hold your hand" he says as he shifts in his seat.

" I don't want to kiss you on the lips" I tell him straight up.

" I don't want to kiss you either" he says looking me in the eyes.

" good" I shrug.

" anything else?" He asks.

" no one from school can see or know, if people see us being nice to each other they'll talk, never mind hands on each other" I say wanting to stay out of drama.

" you mean you don't want Adrian to believe you're dating me" he says and I huff.

" why must you bring him up all the time?" I ask and for once in a non angry tone.

" well it's true, isn't it?"

" it isn't! I want everyone to not know and that includes him" I say truthfully.