Chapter 20

Y/n's POV:

I intend on making the most of my time revising and studying and doing everything I can for the remainder of the following Christmas break.

So when it reaches 6pm and I decide I'm hungry for dinner, I allow myself to have a break since I've been working since this morning.

I'm easily engrossed in my new book and continue to multitask by both reading and eating and the only time I put it down is when I enter the common room, not wanting to fall.

I see George and Lee sat on the floor and go over to say hi when they both greet me friendly.

" hey y/n"
" sup y/n" they say at once.

" hello, where's Fred?" I ask out if curiosity.

" haven't seen him all day" George says a little worried.

" i thought he was with you" Lee tells me.

" no I haven't seen him since this morning, he said he was taking a walk" I inform them and George laughs.

" why would he take a walk?"

" I told him too" I say shyly and then he makes a face that looks like it suddenly makes sense to him.

" but I thought he'd be back by now" I say slightly worried as well.

" Jesus y/n where you trying to get him killed?" Lee teases me.

At this moment, Fred walks in the common room looking tired and everywhere on his face is red but he cheerily walks over to us with a bag from Zonko's.

" picked up a few small things" he says taking off the very thin coat he wore, revealing his arms that look just as red.

I place my hand on his face, " Fred you're as cold as ice" I say concerned.

" really? I can't tell anymore" he says as he pinches himself proving that he's numb.

Lee places a hand on Fred's arm before he quickly moves it away because of how cold he is.

" take a hot shower mate" he suggests and Fred begins to walk upstairs like he's about too.

I pull him back from the arm.

" no don't! You shouldn't take a hot shower immediately after being in the freezing cold" I say to Lee expecting him to know but him and George just shrug like they have no idea what I'm talking about.

I guide Fred to the couches and when he's sat down, I grab a blanket and put it on him, rubbing him with it trying to get his body back to normal temperature.

" you're silly, why didn't you put on more layers?" I say sat next to him, trying to warm him up with the blanket.

" I didn't expect to be out for as long as I was" he says.

" that's no excuse, you basically wore just a shirt" I say and he grins.

" what are you smiling at?" I ask.

" you"

" why?" I ask suddenly nervous.

" you're just cute" he says and I blush.

I ignore the compliment, " you're going to have a terrible cold" I tell him.

" i won't, I never get colds" he says.

The next morning:

In the morning I walk down to common room and join the guys, I assume they're discussing prank product possibilities because they're sat in a far corner. The one they only sit in when talking about confidential ideas.