Chapter 7

Fred's POV:

" what do you MEAN she's downstairs Fred?" Y/n cries like she's about to have a panic attack, I roll my eyes are her dramatics.

" I mean, my mother is downstairs because she decided to come here early! What else could I possibly mean?!" I yell back in more simpler words for her to process but she rolls her eyes at me now.

Y/n stutters like she doesn't know what her next words will be or what to even say.

" can you hurry up?" I ask her signalling to the door to leave.

" I can't! Look at me!" She says pointing at herself and I let out a whine, like this girl didn't just hear me compliment her 2 seconds ago.

" you've looked worse now come on!" I say grabbing her wrist, she groans as I pull her downstairs.

Mum squeaks as soon as she sees y/n, quickly getting up out of her chair to greet her.

" awww y/n!" She says pulling her into the tightest hug before y/n can even respond, when my mum pulls back she places both hands on y/n's face.

" oh look at you! So naturally beautiful! Isn't she, Fred?" She says.

" mhm hm" I say eyebrows raised and everyone but Mum notices the sarcasm.

" you've grown up so much!" Molly says pulling y/n to sit next to her on the couch.

" Tell me everything! How have you been?" Mum asks.

" well I've been-" y/n goes to say.

" oh wait no! Fred you come here! You sit next to your girlfriend and I'll move" Mum says getting up, I sit next to y/n on the very small couch as mum sits opposite us.

As I go to sit next to her I quickly peck her cheek to which mum squeals and claps at.

" oh!" She says clutching her heart.

I put an arm around y/n and keep it there.

" yous make a gorgeous couple! Tell me, how did this happen?" Mum asks leaning in eagerly.

" yes, how did it happen?" George says behind her, I mentally scowl at him.

" Why don't you hear the story from my pretty little girlfriend?" I say shaking y/n.

" oh, noo it's a very boring story" y/n says unsure, smiling through her words.

" oh no please do!" Mum insists, I smirk at y/n as she grits her teeth.

" well... Um, I saw Fred very upset, sat by himself outside one day" she improvises and my smile fades, bloody shouldn't have let her take this one, God knows what she's going to say.

" so I sat with him and told him to tell me what's wrong when he said how disappointed he is with himself for getting such little OWLS"

What. A. Bitch.

" I - I wasn't that sad" I butt in.

" yes you were" y/n says patting my chest.

" aw Fred I had no idea you cared so much!" Mum says to me, " what happened next?"

" I told him we could put our differences aside and that I'd help him study and it worked, he's been doing so well" y/n says.

" - then y/n confessed that she missed hanging out with me!" I add, y/n laughs angrily.

" so she asked me out" I continue.

" oh you did?" Molly says facing only y/n.

Y/n grabs my hand and interlocks her fingers with mine, her hands are surprisingly soft.