Epilogue

Fred's POV:
18 years later:

" and then she asked me to marry her as soon as we got out of school" I say to the 11 year old boy in front of me.

" Fred" my wife says looking at me with the same glare she's looked at me with since we were 11.

" fine" I say smirking.

" I asked her to marry me once we left school and she said no"

" Mum said no?!" Flynn says looking up at me shocked.

" yes! Can you believe her?"

" mum why did you say no?" Flynn says looking at y/n who brings over his breakfast.

" your dad forgot our anniversary so he proposed to me in his joke shop... with no ring!" y/n says placing our coffee on the table, I'm sat down as she leans against my chair with her hand on my shoulder.

" Daaad" Flynn says with the same glare he gets from his mother.

I chuckle, " 2 years later after the war she said yes" I say looking up at y/n who smiles.

" yous really stayed together when he asked you out in your 6th year?" Flynn asks shocked.

I nod proudly.

" you know, your grandmother didn't even find out we fake dated and that we lied until our wedding when George said it in his speech" y/n says and Flynn bursts out laughing.

" Uncle George is funny" he says.

" hey" I say pointing my finger at him.

" but not as funny as Dad" he quickly says as he winks, just like how I taught him.

" eat your breakfast honey" y/n tells him.

" but I want to know more! Like did mum really hate you?" He asks.

" yes" y/n says.
" no" I say at the same time.

She hits me with the tea towel in her hand, " you know I did"

" it was him who didn't really hate me" y/n says as she smirks at Flynn who seems to be on her side.

" well she stopped in our 6th year"

" only took her 6 years" Flynn says and y/n high fives him.

" Dad didn't you leave school early? To open the joke shop with George?" He asks as he eats his breakfast at the same time.

" yes, George told me you love hearing about the story, and yes we did set off fireworks during exams" I say and he laughs.

" did mum go with you?" Flynn asks and y/n laughs.

" do you think she did?" I say dirty looking y/n as a joke.

" nope" Flynn says.

" no I stayed and finished my NEWTS" y/n says and Flynn stares at her lovingly.

" mum is the smartest witch in the world" Flynn says and y/n kisses his cheek.

Flynn finishes his breakfast before rushing upstairs and grabbing his wand, his curly hair that he gets from his mother bounces as he runs, he was so excited when he received his letter from Hogwarts that we went shopping a day early.

Y/n grabs the dishes off the table and puts them in the sink, when I follow her I slide my arms around her waist from behind.

" I can't believe he's going to Hogwarts today" she says holding my arms with her hands.

" I know... let's make another baby while he's gone" I say and she turns around hastily.

" I'm kidding!" I tell her as I kiss her sweet lips.

" unless..."

" Fred!" She says in the same irritated tone I'll never get tired of hearing.

" are you coming with us to the station?" She asks me.

" of course, George said he's got it until then"

" good" she says.

I pull her close as we kiss again, my hands sliding up her top as she grasps my hair but when we hear Flynn come back down stairs we breakaway.

" I got it!" Flynn says not noticing, he pulls a bunch of dramatic stances as he pretends to shoot spells.

Y/n's POV:

At the train station, we stand with Flynn until we see other kids pile on the train and I get flashbacks from the first time I boarded the train.

Flashback:

" bye Dad!" I say to my dad who isn't paying attention to me and just arguing with my mother who looks sick.

" bye!" I say again just to get ignored.

I huff as I board the train when a ginger boy pushes in front of me.

" hey!" I say.

" what? I'm trying to-" he says as he just looks at me.

" you pushed in front of me, move!" I snap.

" no" he says crossing his arms.

" I was there first"

" I don't care pig tails" he says looking at my hair.

I push in front of him and succeed as we both race for the end compartment.

Present:

" okay Flynn, have you got everything?" I say as he's leaning against my chest and I try not to get emotional.

" yes!" He says excitedly, I give him a big massive hug as he hugs me back.

" I love you mum" he says as I give him a kiss on the forehead before we do our handshake.

Flynn hugs his Dad as Fred throws him over his shoulder like he used to do when he was younger.

" alright kid, remember what I said?" Fred says kneeling down at his level.

" if a girl says she hates you?" Fred asks.

" she doesn't and she might be your future wife" Flynn responds.

" and most importantly?" Fred says.

" make loads of trouble!"

I slap Fred on the arm playfully, " no! Don't teach him that! Flynn don't do that" I say panic like as they both laugh, my two favourite boys.

We both wave Flynn off as he gets on the train and when the engine starts and drives him away, I feel extremely proud. I look over to Fred to see him wipe his eye.

" are you crying?" I ask him.

" no! It's just allergies..." he says.

I put his arm over me as he leans forwards and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

" We did it" he whispers.