Monsta X- Changkyun

y/n's pov

Everyday the same idol comes into the cafe, everyday at the same exact time. He always tells me the same thing when I ask what he wants. "surprise me", some days he has preferences but he never has a definite order. Him coming in has become something I look forward to, though i'm not sure why he comes. The cafe is far away from his company building and the coffee here isn't the greatest but then again i'm not complaining.

Some days he stays and talks to me, others he orders and rushes out before I can even get out a proper bye. He is busy, I get it but I won't lie it kinda hurts my feelings when he does rush out. Talking to him has become a normal part of my routine and honestly I probably would have quit by now if it wasn't for him coming in.

Suddenly a month ago he started making small flirty comments.At first it was small compliments but it has turned into full on pickup lines. I normally just laugh at them or brush them off, do I like them? Of course I do but I can never tell if he is being  serious or if he is joking.

I'm not always making drinks while I work. some days i'm baking or cleaning but for some reason he will only let me make his drink. I once asked him why and he just smirked and shrugged.

The bell on the door rings and I feel my coworker pull my arm.I look at her and she is grinning, oddly might I add. "Your loverboy is here!" she loudly whispers to me. I turn and she is correct, there he stands. I check the clock and he is earlier then normal.

I walk up to the register and smile at him."hello Changkyun, what can I get for you today?" I ask. I know what he is going to respond but it's protocol that I ask.

He grins and leans on the counter. "how about your number" I pause and look at him for a moment before rolling my eyes. His attempts at flirting is cute.

He looks a little disappointed by my response  but he kept his cute grin on his face. "Surprise me please love"

I nod and tell him the total cost and go straight to making his drink. It's winter but I have a feeling he is going to do some sort of physical activity so he is getting a colder drink. I also prefer to make colder drinks so everything works out. Changkyun is rambling on about some upcoming idol event and i'm peacefully listening. I genuinely enjoy listening to him talking so that's how a lot of our conversations go.

"I wish you would take me up on my offer to hang out. My members would really like you, they want to put a face to the name" he says suddenly switching topics. Meeting his members? Does he want me to have a heart attack?Because I would literally drop dead at meeting all of them at once. I know idols are just normal people like everyone else but they are all very talented and very fucking attractive, I don't think I would be able to handle that .

I pour the finished drink into the plastic cup and put a lid on it. "Low chance, as nice as that sounds I work constantly and when i'm not working i'm sleeping" I say putting the cover wrap on the cup.

He lets out a groan of discontent. "You are very stubborn, just agree please love"

He is so lucky there aren't any other customers right now. He is becoming more and more bold. Eventually he will end up behind the counter asking me out. While that would be entertaining I should probably stop his misery.

I grab a marker and write my phone number on the cup sleeve. I turn and hand him him the cup, my number being in the opposite direction of him. He is observant but probably not observant enough to notice my number right away. I wonder how long it will take him.

-----

It's been almost 4 hours since I wrote my number on changkyun's cup but I've gotten no text or call so I guess he didn't see it or that he didn't really want it. Regardless tomorrow will be very awkward for me. I took my chance and even if he doesn't call or text. I will just pretend that it never happened.

My phone suddenly starts ringing and it's a unknown number. I answer and after a few seconds I hear a voice I instantly recognize. "y/nie??"

I clear my throat "yeah hi" I say awkwardly. I thought he wasn't going to call and now that he has I don't know that i'm supposed to say.

I hear some voices in the background, i'm assuming those are his members.

"sorry the guys are loud today, but when are they not. You were sneaky putting your number on my cup, I almost threw it away till one of the guys pointed it out" he says chuckling

I laugh nervously and sit down on my couch.I'm supposed to be studying for a test but I have done so much studying that if I even open my textbook today I will die. Maybe not physically but emotionally.

We both go silent for a few seconds before he starts talking. "Look I want to be gentlemanly but I want to be direct. I really like you and being around you makes me happy, would you like to hang out some day this week?" I sit there shocked for a minute before muttering a response.

"I'm off on Friday.."

-----

It's been 6 months since we officially started dating. 6 months. For some people 6 months is a short time but it has felt like years. We spend most of our time together and he has practically moved into my apartment. His stuff is sprawled around, which is slightly irritating because of my need for things to be in order but having him around me at most times is amazing. I've realized since we started dating that he has a slight possessive thing about him, like not where he controls what I do and where I go, it's more of small possessive touches and comments. He doesn't do well with others flirting. I find it cute because he gets all clingy afterwards.

I suddenly feel arms wrap around me. I turn and of course its my boyfriend. He left early this morning for his schedule, I stopped asking what he was doing because he likes to be all secretive about his work. "When did you get back?" I ask, turning my whole body so I can hug him back. 

He smiles and kisses my cheek "less then 5 minutes ago, I brought food but staying here seems a lot better then eating"

I kiss his cheek and smile up at him. "ooh! What did you get?" I ask walking to the living room.

His arms stay wrapped around me, tightening as we move. I'm pretty sure we look like penguins right now. He grumbles something about slowing down so of course I walk faster. He tries to slow us down but I somehow keep going. I know for a fact that he is stronger than me so he is either letting me drag him or I've gotten stronger.

When we get to the living room there sits Chinese food in all it's glory. Chinese food is our go to because it's my favorite. Obviously we eat Korean foods but I tend to eat a lot of Chinese.

I plop down on the couch and he follows in suit. He sits directly next to me, practically on me. I scoot over to give us some distance and he scoots to get closer to me. I do this once again and so does he.

He frowns and wraps his arm around my waist."Love, stop moving away from me" he grumbles, putting his chin on my shoulder. I laugh and kiss his nose.

"You are practically sitting on me"

he shrug and tightens his grip on my waist. "I missed you today and just want to be next to you.. Can you just stay close? Please" He mumbles kissing my shoulder.

I nod and look at the food. "How about we eat, then we can go back to the room and cuddle. That sound good?" I ask opening the food packaging.

He nods.

I have a feeling I won't have any time by myself for the rest of the day.