Straykids(2)

Y/n's pov
"Congratulations, You have a healthy baby girl" The doctor says handing me my new born pup. The pup I was told I lost. I woke up last night in horrible pain. Pain I've never felt before, not even during heats. i rushed to the hospital, not even waking up my parents and here I am, holding a daughter, my daughter who i'm not supposed to have. My daughter.

"I- how? I had a miscarriage months ago. I was told I lost a baby" I question looking down at my beautiful baby. I made this tiny human being. I did. I have a baby. I'm a dad to a human.

oh my god. I'm a dad to a tiny little baby. It's going to be my responsibility to take care of her.

My chest swells with absolute pride and an immense amount of worry. I just had a baby. Without my mates with me. Without my mom or dad. I was completely alone.

I lost a baby but I have one here with me right now .

"I suspect that its vanishing twin syndrome. You have scarring of a miscarriage but have a completely healthy baby." the doctor says smiling at me.

I had twins. But I lost one. But I still had one left? How did I not notice that? I should have known. How did I not know? Im it's father. I was holding it. I should have known. I was stressed, I wasn't on prenatal vitamins, I didn't do anything you were supposed to do during pregnancy. what if I did something wrong? What if I hurt the baby on accident?

I nod and ask for my phone. I need to call my mom. I need to call my mates. I need to-.. I don't know what I need. I need to keep staring at my baby.

I have a baby.

Oh my god. Oh my god I have a baby.

I think I'm in shock. I might cry. No I won't. Yes I will.. No I wont.

And now I'm sobbing with a baby in my arms and a doctor who is looking as if this is completely normal for her. She goes to the table where all my things were put and hands me my phone which is full of messages and calls. Calls from my family, from my mates. Calls from everyone.

I immediately call my mom who answers in less than two rings. "Y/n? Baby where are you" my mother's frantic voice is loudly heard by the doctor who is across the room.

I wince and turn my phone down a little bit. "Mom breathe." I mumble leaning my head back on the pillow.

I hear her take a deep breath but she stays silent. I'm thankful for that. "I'm at the hospital. I just gave birth and I need you to come here" I explain closing my eyes. I want to go to bed. I want to sleep. I pushed twice . Two times and suddenly I had a baby. Definitely not a situation I thought I would be in.

She is silent for a second. Then another. Then another. I hear her clear her throat and I'm pretty sure she is crying. My mom is a crier. I totally didn't get that from her..

Mom tells me that she and dad are on their way and that they will be there as soon as they can. She then ends the call telling me that I'll distract her while she is driving.

She doesn't have a name. I can't name her without my mates. She is our baby. We should name her together.. They should be here. I want them to be here. They should see our daughter..

I've talked to them since I left.. kinda? We have called and kinda just sat in each other's company, all of us. We haven't had to really talk because we were all trying to grow and heal. They asked about how I was often but I never really answered.

I have to call them.

And talk.

and tell them we have a daughter.