Chapter 2: The Wolf In Shining Armor

The wolf man keeled over backwards, resulting in a loud thud that made Omega jump.
"You killed him!" Omega gasped.
"I doubt he'll stay that way for long," Chaos Agent said grimly.
Then, Chaos Agent walked off without elaboration.
"Sir? What do you mean, 'he won't stay that way for long?'" Rue asked Chaos Agent, pursuing him from behind. Omega was following behind her, too.
Chaos Agent suddenly stopped and turned around.
"Because I've already killed him once, and now he's back," Chaos Agent elaborated briefly, then kept on going.
Then, as if on cue, a gunshot whizzed straight over Rue's head.
"Woah!" she gasped, then whirled around.
The wolf man was stood up again, this time with a gun in hand.
"I see you haven't changed one bit, Martin," the wolf man quipped, firing another shot.
"Martin? Wait, sir, are you called Martin?" Omega asked Chaos Agent.
"Tell anyone and you're dead," Chaos Agent hissed to Omega and Rue, who nodded nervously. "You haven't changed either, Marcus!"
The wolf man cocked his head at Chaos Agent.
"Go to hell," he said.
Then, he shot one steady bullet out of his gun, hitting Chaos Agent squarely in the chest. Black ooze erupted from his back, coating Omega and Rue.
"Sir! Are you alright?" Rue shouted.
"Well, I'll need a new suit, but otherwise I'm fine," Chaos Agent shrugged.
Across from Chaos Agent, Marcus, the wolf man, looked put out. He swore, then readied his gun again. Rue and Omega decided to leave before they could get shot, leaving Chaos Agent and Marcus to their business.
"I wonder how many shots it'll take to kill you for good?" Chaos Agent wondered aloud, although mainly to himself.
"I wonder the same with you," Marcus grumbled, his anger freshly fueled.
Then, Chaos Agent and Marcus shot each other with so many bullets that any mortal taking them would be long dead. Blood spurted out of Marcus's back, and ooze spurted out of Chaos Agent's back. They both knew that their opponent was unkillable, but neither stopped firing until their guns' magazines were empty.
"Hmm. You're not dead. I would say I'm disappointed, but that's exactly what I expected," Chaos Agent sighed.
Marcus lobbed his gun at Chaos Agent, then disappeared into the trees. He hopped from branch to branch, until he was... knee deep in water?
"What the hell?" Marcus whispered to himself.
This water was unlike anything Marcus had seen before. It was cyan and glowing, and it was healing the bullet wounds in his chest. Before his eyes, the rips in his flesh healed up with fresh skin, and only scars were left behind. Ahead of him was large factory, but there were people in the factory, so he decided to go the other way.
Where had Hush said to go? He could've sworn that she had said "Frenzy Farm", but he wasn't sure. But, even if she had, he didn't know where Frenzy Farm was.
In the end, he decided that he may as well go somewhere, so he went right. Which, although he didn't know it yet, was entirely the wrong way.
For half an hour, Marcus walked by a lake, which included trekking up a steep hill next to a dam. He stopped in a city called Lazy Lake for a snack, getting a lot of odd looks, and one man asking if he was a furry, whatever that was.
In the distance, he saw a gas station on a hill, and he figured he may as well go there next to get a car or ask for directions. So, Marcus slid down the hill, crossed the river, and climbed up the second hill.
Although, as soon as he got close to the gas station, he realised that this was the Ghost base that he had been to before with his friends. People in white with odd helmets on patrolled the base; their Assault Rifles were huge, with their magazines fully loaded with deadly ammunition.
But, despite all of this, Marcus found that he could just walk in. He figured that the Ghost henchmen were trained to spot Shadow henchmen and agents, that which belonged to Martin, and Marcus was neither on Ghost or Shadow, so he was alright.
He went into the main building, which appeared to be a factory of some kind, and-
"Is that the Burning Wolf?" he heard a woman's voice say.
He turned around to see a woman with tanned skin and dark hair, wearing green dungarees and with a red welding mask on her head.
Next to her were two women who appeared to be almost identical. One had brown hair, a red beanie with yellow wings on it and was wearing a yellow shirt. She had a jumper tied around her waist and black leggings, which ended in brown boots. The other girl wore an orange beanie with yellow wings on it, and had pink hair that disappeared under her hat. She wore a crop top with a calico cat on it, short denim shorts that had some kind of mask on it, and tan coloured shoes that looked like sharks.
"Didn't you say that he prefers to be called Marcus?" the girl in the crop top asked the girl in the denim jacket.

Skye looked at Marcus, who was stood motionlessly in front of her, Ava and Jules. He appeared to be exhausted, and had several bullet holes in his suit, although the flesh underneath was completely healed up.
"Marcus? Are you alright?" Skye asked him.
"I'm good," Marcus nodded.
He's hot! Ava thought to Skye.
He's taken is what he is, Skye replied.
"What are you doing here?" Jules asked Marcus.
"I was doing some business for Hush. She knew that Shadow was evacuating this place called The Authority or whatever, so she wanted me to take care of Chaos Agent. But... he's unkillable, like me. We shot each other over and over, but we can't die. So I just left him. Hush said that when I was finished, I should go to this place called Frenzy Farm, but I don't actually know where that is. Could you show me?" Marcus explained.
"Sure!" Skye smiled.
Skye, Ava, Jules and Marcus went over to a car, with Skye in the driver's seat. She knew where Frenzy Farm was, so she went straight there.
"Hey, I know I was here before, but I can't for the life of me remember your names!" Marcus moaned.
"Hai, my name is Skye!" Skye began.
"I'm Jules," Jules smiled.
"I'm Ava, Skye's sister," Ava nodded.
"I'm Ollie!" Ollie added.
"Who said that?!" Marcus asked Skye.
"Ollie did. He sits on my head as a hat most of the time," Skye shrugged.
"Sup," Ollie smiled.
"And I'm Olivia. I spend most of my time on Ava's head," Olivia said.
"Well, it's nice to meet you all. People as hats... you don't see that everyday!" Marcus greeted.
"Well, I do," Ollie giggled.
"Other than you, I mean," Marcus sighed.
"Me and Ava, then?" Skye shrugged.
Marcus nodded.
Skye drove into Frenzy Farm and parked in front of the large house in the middle of the fields.
"Do you reckon she'll be in the house?" Marcus asked Skye.
"It's been empty for about a year, so probably, yeah," Skye smiled.
Marcus said his goodbyes, then got out of the car and knocked on the door. The woman that Skye knew to be Hush answered the door, and chatted with Marcus for a few seconds.
Then, she pointed at the car. And she was looking right at Skye.
"Skye, I think she wants you," Jules whispered.
"Yeah, no kidding," Skye laughed.
Skye got out of the car and walked over to Hush, who stood in the doorway patiently.
"Hi," Skye waved awkwardly.
"Hello, Skye," Hush greeted. "Let's take a walk."
Hush walked off of the porch and down the path, with Skye in tow.
"Am I in trouble?" Skye whimpered.
"No, nothing of the sort," Hush laughed. "I need to tell you something."
She disappeared into the corn fields, and Skye ran through the corn to follow her.
Although, when she reached the other side of the corn field, Hush was gone. In her place was a huge, green creature made out of plants, mainly vines and ivy. And, it had eyes. Skye screamed; she was unsure what else to do.
"Do not be afraid. I am not here to hurt you," the thing comforted Skye. It had a deep voice and vibrated Skye's chest.
"What are you?!" Skye cried.
"I," the creature explained, "am Thirteen."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word Count: 1444 Words