Chapter 9: Parts and Service

"Well, out of all of the people who I expected to be a new IO agent, DJ Yonder was not one of them," Jules remarked.
Skye had just told Midas and Jules about her meetup with TnTina and what she had said. It was one of the times where Skye was glad that Ollie was on her head, as he was able to fill in the gaps that Skye didn't quite remember.
"And to believe that he was an actual llama! It's really wild," Ollie commented.
"Is that all, then?" Midas asked Skye and Ollie.
"Oh!" Skye gasped.
The parts, of course! She handed them the black backpack for them to look inside, which they did. After a moment, their expressions changed to ones of shock.
"No way! These are the parts for Siona and Dio's spaceship! They'll be so pleased!" Jules smiled.
"Yup! They're all in there!" Skye nodded.
"Where did you get them?" Midas wondered.
"Well, TnTina gave them to me, but she said that she got them from India Oscar."
"India Oscar?"
Midas and Jules exchanged looks. Skye knew just what they were thinking.
"I know. I don't know if we can trust her, and I don't think TnTina does either. But she gave us the parts, right? She has to have some good intention?" Skye explained.
"To be fair, it could be sabotage," Ollie suggested.
"Ollie!"
"What? I'm just stating facts."
"He's not wrong," Midas added.
"What rule is there that all IO people are evil?" Skye asked them.
"There is a bit of a pattern, isn't there? Most of them are pretty evil," Jules shrugged.
Skye frowned.
"I guess you're right," Skye decided. Really, she figured that anyone could be good if they tried, but the IO was known for bad people doing bad deeds.
"Check the parts before putting them on," Midas said to Jules.
Jules nodded and waved goodbye, before walking out of Midas's office. Skye went to walk out with her, but Midas stopped her.
"Of course, you could say that you can't assume anything about anyone. Rule number one of the modern world," Midas added.
He smiled, then looked to his desk. Skye exchanged looks with Ollie, which was hard to do as he was on her head, then left. Skye knew where Jules's workshop was, so she ran there to find her laying out all of the parts near the spaceship.
"Will Siona and Dio please come to Jules's workshop? It's urgent," Jules said into a microphone. Skye heard her voice project all over Catty Corner with a light reverb.
Ollie jumped off of Skye's head and turned into his fluffy humanoid form next to her.
"Hi," he waved at Jules.
"Oh, hi, Ollie. Hi, Skye," Jules greeted. "You know, Skye, I've been thinking..."
"Oh?" Skye asked.
"I think you should be the one to give them the spaceship parts."
"Really? You know, I wasn't the one who got them, TnTina did."
"I know, but you got them here successfully. You can tell them that TnTina did it."
"That feels highly immoral, don't you think?"
"It's not like we can get TnTina here, though. No chance in hell."
"I know, but..."
Jules sighed.
"Skye, you can't keep blaming yourself for what happened with TnTina," Ollie told her.
"She apologised to you. You told us, remember?" Jules asked Skye.
Skye just looked at the floor.
"She did apologise to you, didn't she?" Jules asked again.
"She did. I just... Yeah, I'll give it to them," Skye nodded. "I kinda think it'll be better if you just get on with it and I just tell them."
"Good point. Besides, I need to check the parts for sabotage before I can even begin."
"Okie dokie. Come on, Ollie, let's go."
Ollie nodded, then hopped onto Skye's head as a beanie. Once he was on, Skye left the workshop and walked outside.
Sometimes, Skye missed The Fortilla. Catty Corner was nice, but it wasn't designed to be a Ghost base in the way The Fortilla was. Plus, Catty Corner got cold, being near the mountains. But, more than that, she wanted to be back in the middle in the Island, with The Agency, which was now The Authority. It didn't matter, though. Ghost could never move back to either of those places. At least, not while Shadow was in charge.
"Hello, Skye," Siona greeted Skye.
Skye jerked her head to the right to see Siona and Dio stood there together.
"Oh, hi!" Skye waved.
"I heard Jules saying that we need to go to her workshop. What's wrong?" Dio asked Skye.
"I just came to get you and show you, actually. Follow me!"
Skye turned and walked straight back into Jules's workshop, this time with Siona and Dio in tow. When they walked in, Jules didn't even look up; she was busy checking the ship parts for damage or bugs.
"No way... Is that...?" Siona gasped, finding it hard to say the words.
"Mmhmm! That's your ship parts! You should be off the Island within the week," Skye explained.
"But how did you get them? I thought those people stole them!"
"TnTina got them back. One of those people gave them to her, actually."
"Oh? But I thought she left? It's good to know that she still has ties to us."
"Yup."
Skye, Ollie, Siona and Dio all looked at Jules expected, but she didn't reply. At least, not at first.
"I'm afraid it's gonna be a bit of a waiting game. I promise I'll go as quick as I can, but by myself, I doubt it'll be done in the next few days. There's a chance that it won't even be ready this week. So, you know, don't promise things you can't guarantee, Skye," Jules explained.
"Ouch," Skye said, although she was smiling.
There was a pause.
"I don't know what else to tell you guys. You can pop in here whenever you want to check my progress, but other than that, that's all the news I have for you. See you around," Jules shrugged.
Skye, Ollie, Siona and Dio exchanged looks before leaving the workshop to go outside.
"Hey, Skye, thanks for getting the parts here," Siona thanked Skye.
"It was TnTina, really. I just took it across the final stretch," Skye said.
"Well, thanks both of you. And especially you. To be honest, if TnTina wanted to be thanked, then she would be here."
Skye looked down to the ground. Simultaneously, she felt pain and embarrassment, but strangely, none of it was hers. It was pain for TnTina, who would never be viewed the same way she used to be ever again. And who's fault was that?
"Thanks," Skye nodded, then walked off, leaving Siona and Dio in the dust.
Skye waited until she and Ollie were alone, and once they were, she slumped down and sighed.
The waiting game had truly begun.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word Count: 1159 Words