Chapter 10: Kaboom

Just thought I'd say, I'm not making thumbnails anymore as they don't always work. Sorry :")

TnTina flopped onto her bed in the cell. It may as well have been made of concrete; it was so hard and uncomfortable. She didn't know where John was, but in a way, she was happy about this, as John just stressed her out further.
It appeared that TnTina's escape plan had landed herself and John in a high security IO prison. She wasn't sure if it was because of the escape, or whether it had been decided already, but she was there regardless.
She looked at the camera up in the top corner of the cell, just out of reach. She wished she could destroy it, so that the red light that continuously flashed would stop flashing. TnTina wondered if Slone and her Slonies (a mixture of Slone and cronies) were watching her at this moment.
"Hey, buttheads. Can you hear me?" TnTina called.
The camera's red light blinked mockingly in response.
"CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" TnTina cried.
Nothing.

"She's quite annoying, isn't she?" India Oscar remarked.
"Quite," Slone replied, not taking her eyes off of the screen.
For whatever reason, TnTina was screaming at the camera, hoping for a reply. Of course, she would get none. There wasn't a speaker in the cell.
India stared at TnTina blankly. It was cruel what Slone was doing to her.
"Did you hear that the parts to Siona and Dio's spaceship are missing?" Slone suddenly asked.
India's heart pounded, and she did her best not to react, although really all she wanted to do was scream and run. Of course, if she did do that, she wouldn't make it out of the room, let alone the building.
"I did," India replied, as if she acted like she knew, that'd be less suspicious.
"I think that someone in our ranks stole them and gave them to TnTina. Remember how she left in the direction of the Island, then came straight back?"
"I do. It was really bizarre."
"I was thinking who could've done it, then I remembered that the only person with intentions to get the Pluxarians off of the planet was you."
India glanced at Slone, then back at the screen.
"Are you mad? I mean, I wanted them to get off world, and I'm kinda glad it's gonna happen, but I wouldn't actively try to aid it," India lied.
Slone smiled.
"Was it you?" Slone prompted. She said it like a friend, but India had to remember that Slone had the power to kill her.
"Are you seriously accusing me right now?" India said breathlessly, acting like she was broken hearted.
"Ah, I'm only pulling your leg," Slone giggled, although India wasn't convinced. "It doesn't matter anyway. I tampered with the parts already. Code so powerful, not even Jules will be able to decode it."
India clenched her teeth. If Ghost had the parts already, that meant that Siona and Dio were set up for failure. India wondered if they would be killed... it would be all her fault!
"That's deviously clever," India quipped.
There was a moment of silence.
"Keep an eye on her. I'll be right back," India said.
India walked out of the room casually, as to not arouse suspicion. If she was going to act, she would have to do so quickly.

TnTina lay on her bed, bored out of her mind. It hadn't gotten any more comfortable since yesterday, but it was the only entertainment she had. If you could even count it as entertainment.
"Hey."
TnTina looked through the bars on the door of her cell to see India's face peeking back. She waved, then unlocked the door.
"Hello, TnTina. I have some questions for you," India smiled.
TnTina would have been uncompliant, but she figured she could trust India more than anyone in this God-forsaken building. India walked into the cell and pulled out an A4 sheet with "INTERROGATION" in big block letters. She held this up to the camera with the flashing red light. Who was on the other side?
India also checked TnTina's mattress, which was a waste of time, as nothing was there. TnTina hadn't even been let out of her prison cell.
India was certainly in a hurry. She race walked through the prison's many hall's, not even looking back to see if TnTina was there. Perhaps India trusted her to keep following, or maybe she knew that TnTina knew that she would die if she ran. India quickly ushered TnTina into an interrogation room and closed the door behind them.
India appeared to get less stressed once they were sat down opposite each other at the table.
"Ok, so, this entire session will be recorded, but I assume you know that. I need you to read this before we begin," India explained.
India passed TnTina a folded note across the table, and TnTina opened it secretly, as if Slone were behind her now.
She frowned.

Remember that I'm trying to help, if I speak like the other Order members do. Please comply, and I can help your friends.

"Did you know that Slone tampered with Siona and Dio's spaceship parts?" India asked TnTina.
TnTina's eyes widened.
"WHAT?!" she cried.
"It's true. It's hard to take in, I know. They'll most certainly die, unless someone intervenes."
"Like who? No one knows they're tampered, except for you IO freaks."
"I know. We believe someone in our ranks gave them to Ghost, and there's evidence backing this."
"Who-"
"If that person wanted to help Ghost out, then they could give them a call with a phone or something. It's a long shot, but it could work. There's a chance that it won't connect down here."
India gave TnTina a knowing smile. How the hell was TnTina going to get hold of a phone? And how was India going to call in private if TnTina couldn't?
"Anything else?" TnTina asked.
"No, just that question. I just wanted to know if you had any secret agendas."
After that, the two went back to the cell. TnTina was still wondering how she would get a phone.
"See ya," TnTina grumbled.
"Oh, by the way, I found something in your mattress. Very naughty," India remarked before shutting the door.
The mattress! She wasn't searching it, she'd planted a phone there! TnTina scrambled to the bed and lifted the mattress to find a small flip phone there. Yes!
Hurriedly, TnTina dialled Skye's number and put it to her ear. She prayed in her head for things to go as planned.
"Come on, Skye. Please," TnTina mouthed.
Then:
"I'm sorry, the recipient could not be reached. Check your connection and try again."
No!
TnTina tried once more, and the message appeared again. She sighed frustratedly. Would Jules's expertise be enough to save the two astronauts?

Skye and her friends all looked at Siona and Dio, all prepared in their spacesuits. They were excited, and for good reason. They were finally going home!
"Ooh, I'm gonna miss you guys!" Skye smiled, hugging the pair.
"Maybe, if the stars align just right, we'll see you again one day?" Siona responded hopefully. Skye knew that this was unlikely, but said nothing.
"Thank you everyone for your hospitality! We couldn't have landed at a better spot," Dio thanked everyone.
"You're welcome," Midas nodded.
"It was our pleasure," Jules added.
Skye watched as the duo filed into the spherical spaceship and started the ignition. They waved once more, then lifted into the sky. All of the Ghost agents waved at the Pluxarians for the last time as they rose higher and higher.
Something was wrong. Skye could sense it. The flight path was jittery, and the lights were all flashing.
And, as if sealing the deal, the spaceship began to fall. There was no explosion, just all of the lights went off and the ship went into a nosedive.
And, as the spaceship hit the water, Skye knew that Siona and Dio were totally, inexplicably, absolutely dead.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word Count: 1348 Words