Chapter 4: Sunny Shores

Sunny Shores was a coastal town on the mainland, near the Island. It was a popular tourist attraction, but not too popular, which was fine with the inhabitants. Everyone in the town knew that there was a conflict between spy organizations on the Island, as well as dangerous, dark magics. So no one keen to go there. And, as far as they knew, no one had cone to Sunny Shores.
Along the beach, there was a stage where parties were held every Friday. In most people's opinion, it was the best day of the week. Many bands, singers and dancers graced the stage, but not a single person liked those acts as much as they liked DJ Yonder.
DJ Yonder was famous for his llama persona. He always wore a metal llama suit when performing or in town. Also, he was so good at music producing. His tracks sold well wherever they were released, and he had deals with several record companies.
He had everything set there in Sunny Shores, as he was a barista in the nearby restaurant, too. Most people would say that he was living the dream. And, in fact, he was.
This morning, on a Wednesday, he was serving multiple customers in the bar. He'd racked up $17 in tips so far, so he was doing quite well. He could see the beach and the waves from the outdoor bar, and he was enjoying himself quite a bit.
But then he saw something.
It was in the ocean, and it was grey with something red and yellow on it. And it was heading towards the sands quickly. As it got closer, it appeared to be a girl in some kind of vehicle. It had to be a boat; it was unlikely to be anything else. Several other people had noticed her now too, and they all watched her as she docked haphazardly on the sand and got out.
It was DJ Yonder who said it first.
"Hey, lady, are you alright?" he shouted.
She shook her head, then walked towards the bar. DJ Yonder immediately because afraid when he saw the grenades on her belt.
"Woah! We don't allow firearms in the restaurant!" DJ Yonder cried.
The girl rolled her eyes and took off the belt of grenades. This was accompanied by some kind of bow, and more explosives. Then more explosives. Was this woman a pyromaniac or something?
She left all of her weapons outside, then stepped into the restaurant, taking a stool next to the bar. The man sat next to her moved immediately out of fear.
"Who are you?" DJ Yonder asked her.
"Who are you?" The girl responded.
DJ Yonder was taken aback, but regained his cool almost instantly.
"I'm DJ Yonder. I'm a performer/barista here in Sunny Shores."
"Cool, and I'm the tooth fairy, here to make all of your wishes come true."
DJ Yonder just stood there, unsure how to respond.
"Come on, man! Be honest!" The woman eventually said.
"What do you mean?"
"DJ Yonder? What kind of a name is that?"
"A stage name. I'm in public, and not a single person here knows mg identity. It's my gimmick. I'm not singling you out."
"Gimme proof."
"If you want me to tell you my real name, then we'll have to go somewhere private."
"Hell no! We've just met! For all I know, you could be a druggie or something!"
"Then believe me, because I'm telling the truth! Look, if you're gonna be like this, I'm gonna have to kick you out and I don't want to do that!"
"Alright, fine!"
The lady looked behind DJ Yonder at the menu, infuriating him further.
"What's your name, then?" he encouraged her.
"TnTina."
"Right, and I'm the Easter Bunny, here to deliver eggs to all the children of the world."
"OK, OK. That's a nickname. But so's DJ Yonder whatever, so we're gonna have to trust each other."
"OK."
"OK. Now, get me a beer."
"What size?"
"Surprise me."
On the motive of getting more money, DJ Yonder got her the biggest drink of the lot, which she happily accepted.
Then, another lady sat next to TnTina. DJ Yonder smiled; she was his favorite customer, despite knowing that she was wrapped up in the whole Island controversy. Although she wasn't in Ghost or Shadow, she was a part of another group called the IO. She had lightly tanned skin, and shoulder length, dark brown hair, and TnTina couldn't help feeling like she recognized her.
"Hey, you were one of those Imagined Order goons at Coral Castle!" TnTina confronted her.
The woman looked at TnTina casually. She wore a sleeveless, turtleneck, sunset-orange shirt and light brown shorts with white trainers as well a grey backpack, like as if Dora the Explorer decided to have a wardrobe change to orange. However, TnTina just knew that it was her, the one with the Tactical AR at Coral Castle.
"You remembered! I'm India Oscar, pleased to meet you," the IO woman smiled.
India held out her hand for TnTina to shake, but she didn't shake it.
"What brings you here, TnTina?" India asked, withdrawing her hand.
She used my name!
"Me and Skye are in a huge argument. She's so annoying!" TnTina grumbled.
"What did she do?"
"She told Ocean I have a cr- crumble! I made her a crumble!"
India raised her eyebrows.
"You mean crush?" she asked.
TnTina sighed, defeated.
"Hey, there's no shame in having a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same way. I have a huge crush on India's friend, Sam Crawley, who is literally a lizard, by the way, and I'm 99% sure he's straight," DJ Yonder explained. "Where is Sam, by the way?"
"We got into a bit of trouble on the way here. He's having a shower to get rid of the blood, then he'll be right over," India nodded.
Mind if I join him? DJ Yonder thought, but he didn't say it aloud, for he didn't know how India, or TnTina for that matter, would take it. Instead, he just nodded.
"Yonder, you do realise that this girl is from Ghost, don't you?" India chuckled.
"I did," he lied. He hadn't realised it at all, although as soon as India said it, it made perfect sense.
They paused. TnTina slurped her drink happily as DJ Yonder and India stood and sat there awkwardly.
All of a sudden, a muscly lizard man with orange, green and blue scales stepped out from behind a building, wearing little more than Navy blue speedos, dark shades and black flip flops. He sat down next to India, where the previous man had left. From behind, TnTina got a good view of his long tail.
"Hey, Crawley, my main man!" DJ Yonder greeted him happily.
"Hi," Crawley waved at the DJ.
"Good, you're here. To put it bluntly, TnTina, Yonder, you see we're here to offer you both a job at the IO," India explained.
TnTina and Yonder exchanged looks. There was no way TnTina would betray Ghost like that!
"Hell yeah!" DJ Yonder cried excitedly.
"You know I can't!" TnTina shouted.
India nodded, as if this was exactly what she anticipated would happen.
"I understand. But, Tina-"
"TnTina to you."
"Right. TnTina, I still have something for you."
And with that, India handed TnTina the grey backpack she was wearing.
"This isn't a bomb, is it? Because if I was killed by a bomb, that'd be really ironic and I'd hate that," TnTina said.
"No, no. It's the spaceship parts for Siona's spaceship."
"No it's not."
India opened the bag and, indeed, they were in there.
"Oh, wow," TnTina gasped.
"Doctor Slone doesn't know I have these. She thinks that keeping Siona and Dio away from Pluxaria is a good idea to keep the Kymera away, but I think getting rid of them would keep away the Kymera better. Because they might go looking for them, and they might find them here. So, I need you to get these back to Siona and Dio for me. Can you at least do that?"
"But an alien invasion would be pretty sick, though."
"Please!"
"Alright! Alright!"
TnTina snatched the backpack from India, then continued to drink.
"As for you, Yonder. We're gonna need you to tell us your identity. If we're going to offer you a job, we need to know who you are," India explained.
"But my identity is private," Yonder said.
"Would you tell us... for me?" Crawley added.
DJ Yonder did some kind of giddy chuckle, then reached up for his mask and took it off.
India and TnTina both drew back.
DJ Yonder was actually a llama! The face staring back at them right now was red and furry, with a long snout and an eye covered with an eye patch.
"My name is John Llama. I've had army experience and music experience, and I can multi-task and do all sorts," DJ Yonder grinned.
"Sure. Um, yeah. That's great. I think you should talk to Doctor Slone, she'll help you out," India nodded.
"John, you have no idea what you're getting into!" TnTina grabbed his arm.
John looked at Crawley.
"I think I do," he smiled.
"Anyway, can I browse your menu? I could use a drink," Crawley shrugged.
"Of course. There's more selection out back, would you like me to show you?"
Crawley nodded, then followed John behind the bar and through a door.
"I'm out of here. I'll take your spaceship parts if you leave me alone!" TnTina shouted, then left.
She then walked out of the restaurant, picking up her grenades and Boom Bow on the way. She walked down the street; she didn't want to go back to Ghost yet. It would diminish her whole argument. In the alley next to the restaurant, she could see John and Crawley kissing each other quite passionately, but she didn't even stop to look.
She'd had enough of these IO people. She's go back to the Island when she felt like it. And she didn't feel like it yet.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word Count: 1692 Words