Chapter 16: Bring The Thunder (Part 1)

Sorry it's been so long since my last upload! I've been planning a new book called Séance, an original work which you can view on my profile. My uploads should become more regular. Also, I'll be making my paragraphing easier to read! Sorry to keep you waiting :)

***

Somewhere at sea, far from all coasts, a seagull screeched. Its shrill cry penetrated the calm day, drowning out the sounds of the ocean like the ocean had drowned many unfortunate souls in the past.

This section of the ocean was relatively desolate. Most open ocean is. But, here, where the Imagined Order's secret prison was located, it was almost stagnant. The prison itself was built us a huge grey triangle that extended high above the water but also far below it into the murky depths. Triangles were stronger... not to mention easier to defend. Three sides was easier to assign than four, and three concentrated efforts would give more beneficial results than four smaller efforts.

But, for an organisation that was so good at battle planning and for one with such good technology, the building itself was ugly: it was made of drab grey stone that set thoughts of utmost dread in even the brightest of individuals, with the brick being slowly worn away at the base structure, the salty sea water eroding the IO's mighty fortress. It was safe to say that the prison was more functional than fashionable.

Thankfully (if you could say thankfully), Doctor Slone ensured that the function of the prison was not diminished. Prisoners only entered the prison by boat, and guard-only forces warped away from the prison by teleportation: a clever contraption set up using the power of the Zero Point. Air travellers and submarine travellers would be executed on sight, just to condense the potential infiltrators.

No one other than the guards ever left. Once the boats containing the passengers had been emptied, they were destroyed.

That was what Ghost anticipated as they took their own disguised boats to the prison. The agents were all disguised in IO guard uniforms - tech and all. Hopefully, no one would be able to tell the difference.

There were only three people on the whole boat who weren't disguised as guards on the boat: Skye, Ollie and Ava. The three of them were best described as bait. Someone would have to pretend to be a prisoner so that they wouldn't seem suspicious upon arrival... plus, someone needed to get close to the prisoners. TnTina was in there somewhere, as was John. Someone had to go in.

As the boat pulled into the dock, Skye reminded herself that it wouldn't be just her, Ollie and Ava. Joe, disguised in an IO suit, would be accompanying them all the way. She just hoped that he would be enough.

Almost as soon as the boat had docked, IO officials in black suits approached, their soulless purple eyes viewing them like a convex camera, presenting the guards like robots rather than real people. Considering the nature of The Order, it was hard to believe any of the guards were actually people.

"State your names and purpose," a guard said emotionlessly.

Midas and Jules exchanged looks. Both of them had agreed not to talk once in this visit, wondering if their voices could be traced back to their identities. Honestly, Skye wasn't sure why someone as high as Midas had even come.

"Sylvester Grey," a guard replied: this was the decided name for whoever spoke up. "We're here to deliver these prisoners."

Skye waved at the IO guard casually.

The IO guard nodded. "Ok. Head over to Ivan. He'll give you a security card."

Of course, they weren't going to Ivan. Jules had already forged security cards to give to some Ghost henchmen, as well as herself and Midas.