» Chapter 3 «

C H A P T E R 3

C H A P T E R 3

At first, you thought that he was just looking at the sunflowers beside you, nothing to worry about, even if the sudden eye contact scared you. It was just a coincidence.

It wasn't just a coincidence.

Soon after, he disappeared from the window just to show up behind you and scare, once again, the living daylights out of you. He was speaking directly at you! There was no mistaking it, after all, he was clearly looking at you and there was no one else around.

"... You can see me?" Your voice come in almost a whisper, but by the look on his face, he had no trouble hearing you.

"Huh? Unless I'm finally going crazy, of course I can see you." If you weren't so confused with what was happening right now, you would be laughing at the face the boy was making, but alas, here you are, on the verge of panicking. "Look, like I said, I'm not here to scare or fight you, so you can calm down. Only cowards hit girls anyway".

Smiling slightly at his attempt at calming you down, you took a deep breath and tried to understand what was going on. "Sorry, it's just... you caught me of guard, I mean, don't take this the wrong way, but you're not supposed to see me Keisuke, no one is".

"Huh?!" The sudden scream and flustered look from the boy made you wonder if he did, in fact, take what you said in the wrong way. However, his problem was one completely different from the one you were imagining "I don't even know who you are, and you're already using my first name?! It's Baji, B-A-J-I, got it? How do even know my name, you're a stalker or something?".

The sudden accusation made you look at Keis–, right, Baji, with wide eyes "What?! No, no, no, I'm not a stalker, I promise! And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or disrespect you in any way. I'm (name) and the thing is... I'm used to calling you guys by your first name, since you can't – or well, aren't supposed to – see me. But I should have been more aware about certain cultural differences now that you can see me, I'm so sorry, Baji-san!".

"That doesn't explain how you know my name, ya know? And what the hell do you mean by you guys?".

"Ah, you see... how can I explain– ".

"(Name)! I came as soon as my bestie tingle started acting up, is everything al–... Why's Keisuke here? And why's he looking directly at the spot you're at?" Came Tae's voice from behind you.

Looking at the Reaper in surprise, you look back at Baji and expect him to also be looking at her. What you find, however, is said boy looking at you impatiently, not even reacting to the girl's presence.

"You goin' to finish that, or...?"

Can't he see Tae?

"(Name)?"