» Chapter 17 «

C H A P T E R 1 7

C H A P T E R 1 7

It took you longer than you were expecting to find Takemichi Hanagaki's Life File.

5 hours to be exact.

You were close to giving up and cry from frustration, but as if sensing your stress levels rising, life decided to take it easy on you and soon after you found what you were looking for.

Now sitting on one of the comfortable looking sofas that were available, you open the file in your lap. At first, everything looked normal, he had a clean timeline, as it was expected, but soon after, something changed.

A normal person would have all their life described in one file, beginning from the moment they were born and finishing when they crossed to the other side, and if the person was still alive, they would have empty pages starting from one point.

However, Takemichi had duplicates.

Situations that he lived twice. Situations that he lived once and then were rewritten. Situations that supposedly were already written in his adult life when he was but a teenager. Situations where he was supposed to died but didn't.

It was as if he was living in simultaneous timelines as the same person.

Sure, when someone was born, they were put on a timeline and according to their decisions on life-changing situations a new timeline would be created to follow their path, while another alternative timeline with an alternative version of them would also be created for the choice they didn't choose. But that was the thing, even if there was a version of someone on a different timeline, that was that – two versions living different realities. But in Takemichi's case, it was as if no matter the timeline, he was always the one living in it, not his alternative self.

Was this one of the anomalies Suzie was talking about? Was he able to jump between timelines? Or... since there was a section about his adult life... was he able to time travel? Was that why you felt sick every-time you saw him ­— because he was messing around with time and space itself?

Not being able to come up with an answer yourself, you stood up and walked over the intercom on the opposite wall to you and pressed it requesting Suzie's assistance. A few minutes later, said Messenger was walking down the corridors and making her way towards you.

"Is there any problem?" She questioned, trying to hide the worry in her voice. After all, it has been hours since you got up here, so she was slightly concerned with what you had found.

She knew you wouldn't be able to find that here (or anywhere else, for that matter, since it was something only the Messengers knew about and were sworn to secrecy), but she could never be too sure. What if someone got curious about that and wrote it down for whatever reason and left it unattended in a place where anyone could see it?

I'm thinking too much about it, it's literally impossible for her to have found it. So, forget about it, her and Tae are safe. At least for now...She thought, dejectedly.