» Chapter 4 «

C H A P T E R 4

C H A P T E R 4

That day, when you go home as a cat, the moon has been up in the sky for a few hours and, luckily for you, Miyu is just getting home from work, so she lets you in.

"Aiko, you sly cat, it's so late, what were you doing out at this hour?" Deciding to ignore that older woman's teasing, you opt for rubbing your smaller form on her legs and ask for pets.

What? She gave the best pets you ever received in your animal form!

Laughing at your actions, Miyu gets down on her knees and holds you against her chest. "You're lucky you're such a cute cat". So distracted by her loving nature, you fail to notice her taking you into the living room, where she stops to greet her son – successfully snapping you out of your purring state and making you freeze.

"Oh! Keisuke, you're already home? I thought you would be eating out with Mikey-san and your other friends" Getting closer to her son, Miyu let you down on the couch before approaching him and kissing him in his forehead.

"Nah, didn't feel like it" looking at him from your position on the couch, you could tell that even though he had acted like he didn't believe anything you had told him earlier, some part of him wanted to know for sure.

"Keisuke, honey, are you alright?" the boy let out a hm? at the woman's question "I mean, you still haven't petted Aiko since I laid her down next to you. Are you mad at her? Don't tell me she slept on top of your dark clothes, again..."

"She didn't, relax" Baji got up from the couch and grabbed you before facing his mom once again "I'm going to my room, call me once dinner is ready".

Once in his room, Baji let you down on top of his desk before taking a seat in his chair and facing you. Startled by his actions, since you thought he would only act based on his suspicions a few days later, all you could do was seat tight and stare back at him – which was something that bothered Baji, because every time he did something similar with Aiko, she would respond by head bumping him and ask for him to play with her.

"Can't believe I'm really doing this" Baji mumbled "Okay, Aiko, give me your paw" Doing what he asked, you put your right paw on his hand.

Baji frowned at this, but he didn't give up, this could all be nothing but a fluke – after all, Aiko has always been a smart cat.

"Your other paw" Again, you did what he asked.

This game of his went on for a few minutes, and honestly, you could feel your tail start twitching in annoyance.

How many more tricks am I supposed to do before he accepts the truth? You thought.

Seeing he was about to ask you to do another thing, you got up from your "playing dead" position and put your paws on his forehead and pushed him back – as a sign to make him stop. Huffing at your actions, Baji got up and left the room.